What Did You Buy Today?

It will have a Jet Central Lynx 130 se Jet turbine engine.
The finished plane should weigh around 15 lbs and the turbine has 30 lbs of thrust. It will be fast.
It has 54.3 wingspan and is 61 inches long.
2:1 PWR? ooh-eck that thing is going to be a monster and a handful!

the regulator I'm talking about is a separate unit that has nothing to do with my Quincy compressor. it mounts in the air line on the wall above the compressor. if I want less pressure, I turn a T-handle and it bleeds off air until it reaches the new setting. the compressor then shuts off at that setting, be it 180psi or 30 psi. to increase pressure the reverse is done.
no it doesn't if its separate. The only thing that shuts it off if the control box, not the regulator.

How does that work in Nebraska?
Insurance is required. Caught W/O and you will end up in court. The court will tell you to get an SR22 from an approved insurance peddler. It doesn't matter if you have a vehicle or not. SR22 insurance is high risk/high priced. State requires you maintain the SR22 insurance required for 3 years. Failure to follow the court order will get you behind bars. It is very expensive!

Pressure switch / Pressure regulator, both were used to mean the same thing when I was in the industry.

Yes, I can see how that could be confusing but we knew what we meant.

Also, it was also referred to as "de-rating" if the pressure was set lower. Just how it was when I was in the industry.
Forgive me I do not accept your brush off; you are now in the land of miss information and bad advice kills people, Compressed fluids are dangerous/deadly even at lower pressures.

When were you in the industry, and which industry are we discussing? I am a Sr. Piping Designer, a process guy with +42 years In "the industry," I have worked Refining, Aerospace, Water systems, Industrial Gas (both compressed, 30" Vac to 15K PSI, and cryogenic, Ambient temps to +/- Neg 490 degrees F) Production Chemical, Exploration, etc... and what I told you has been a fact for the time I have been in the industry and we didn't simply invent it 40+ years ago.

Words have meaning, there is a substantial and defining difference between a pressure regulator and a Pressure switch, word have meaning.

The term de-rating Pressure is an actual term we use when an inspection reveals a problem with a piece of equipment and we have it in an ASME shop so we affix a "R" stamp to it if it is to remain in service to "de-rate the original pressure".

Last edited:
Insurance is required. Caught W/O and you will end up in court. The court will tell you to get an SR22 from an approved insurance peddler. It doesn't matter if you have a vehicle or not. SR22 insurance is high risk/high priced. State requires you maintain the SR22 insurance required for 3 years. Failure to follow the court order will get you behind bars. It is very expensive!
Works that way in Texas also.

Back