What Did You Buy Today?

?? I'll buy this if you are talking only about the use of centers in the spindle, for turning between centers.
I am not sure are you agreeing or disagreeing, the question marks are confusing me.

Live belongs in the tailstock, dead in the spindle.

Bought a new 2.5" vacuum hose for my dad's old shop vac. Nothing special, save for the fact it is 20 feet long. Was $32 on Amazon. The vac is pretty old. Had some fasteners on the vac that were rotted and had to drill one out. The others came out with some PB and some effort. Having a long hose is kind of amazing, was able to reach all around a car to vacuum it without moving the vacuum itself. But with a long hose you do have to worry about stepping on it.

I promise I'm not being a safety nazi, just wondering. Is that car really light enough for what looks like a snowmobile trailer? Maybe no engine/trans?
you know, two guys lifted the car up on the trailer. :laughing:

We picked up a Renault in the 70s and moved it.. it was a co-workers and we pranked him... Did the same to a VW.. I'll bet that Austin doesn't weigh too much, but the MGs had wood for floors, I wonder if the Austin does too.

Didn't someone here buy a hydrotesting rig for pressure tanks recently?
I do not know if I was the one you were thinking of but I did buy one just for the peace of mind a couple of years ago.

did not know that. have not done it yet.

I have used a live center in the spindle before... I don't have a dead center that fits my South Bend.

It is not the 'best' way to turn between centers, but it does work... I agree with Woodchucker, it is not quite as rigid, but I didn't have any problems.

-Bear

The mail jeep brought a package today... an ebay purchase that I thought was pretty neat...

20240711_221324.jpg

20240711_221413.jpg

20240711_221433.jpg

It seems to cover Ford, Mercury, and Lincoln from the mid 1930's through the 1940's. There is a LOT of information here.

-Bear

Back