What Did You Buy Today?

@woodchucker

Re-read the last section of my post, I think you either misunderstood, or misinterpreted what I was saying..

As for cross drilling and pinning, that would remove any chance of the new threaded section from unscrewing from the wing-bolt head due to the mechanical fastening on top of the chemical fastening (loctite red).
Replacement arrived. This one has the threaded stud secured to the handle with a roll pin in a blind hole.

Providing your comp has the CFM for it and you have inline air-driers, find a corner for it and leave it down. You will find more uses for it than you can think of right now.

What material are you going to use? AllyOx? NutShell?
Don't know. not walnut. I'm thinking I might try the coal slag (fine) or ALOx. The coal slag is 12.99 for 50lb, the alox is close to $100 for 50lb of 80 grit

I got tired of running my dehumidifier 24/7 to keep my shop below 50% humidity (mostly to keep tools from rusting) and still be hot.
This 24,000 btu mini-split should solve that "problem". The shop is 1200 sq ft with 12 foot ceilings and very well insulated. Of course as soon as I installed it the outside temps dropped to very comfortable levels. But the test will come next week when they will be back in the 90's with humidity to match. I'm confident that it will do the job.
TomIMG_2674.jpgIMG_2678.jpg

Don't know. not walnut. I'm thinking I might try the coal slag (fine) or ALOx. The coal slag is 12.99 for 50lb, the alox is close to $100 for 50lb of 80 grit
I'd really like to get one set up with glass bead. That's a bit harder to find, but would be nice for some things.

Have one on 'permanent loan' from work. It wasn't being used, and needed a home so... Thinking about putting a fancy bottom feed upgrade and pedal, vacuum attachment, like all the kids are doing now-a-days. One of these days. Gotta get the crane done first! lol.

I got tired of running my dehumidifier 24/7 to keep my shop below 50% humidity (mostly to keep tools from rusting) and still be hot.
This 24,000 btu mini-split should solve that "problem". The shop is 1200 sq ft with 12 foot ceilings and very well insulated. Of course as soon as I installed it the outside temps dropped to very comfortable levels. But the test will come next week when they will be back in the 90's with humidity to match. I'm confident that it will do the job.
TomView attachment 500640View attachment 500641
Tom, we're going to need some more shop pics.. That shop looks like a great place to hang out now that you have it cooled and heated. Is that wing in progress, or just for decoration at this point in time?

@heli_av8tor That will help!
I've found running the dehumidifier anyway and letting the AC cool down the temps when needed is a pretty nice way to go. Might not want to get rid of it! ;)

24kbtu should be good. I didn't know that you can actually have too big of an AC unit. Cools the building down too fast, and makes cold wet air. I undersized the AC unit in the garage intentionally because of this. It still cools the place down, but running longer means more contact time with the coil and does more drying while making cooler air.

TomView attachment 500640View attachment 500641
my shop has the same. a Mitsubishi system put in by the PO. strange thing, they connected 2 wall unit air handlers to a single slim condensing unit outside. works great until June thru August but the best it will do during those months is 87. of course it would be 110 in there without it running. building is 30 x 40 feet with 12 ft ceilings.

my shop has the same. a Mitsubishi system put in by the PO. strange thing, they connected 2 wall unit air handlers to a single slim condensing unit outside. works great until June thru August but the best it will do during those months is 87. of course it would be 110 in there without it running. building is 30 x 40 feet with 12 ft ceilings.
Can you put fans in there to help circulate the cooler air

Back