What Did You Buy Today?

This showed up today in today's mail. An Albrecht 0-3mm chuck and a Jacobs arbor for it. Wasn't the bargain of the century, it cost more than the cheap-o sensitive drill thingies, but it's probably better made. Next project is to make a sleeve for it. I have a piece of 1144 picked out for that. The chuck moves smoothly through its range and the jaws are intact, no chips. The 1/2" to JT0 arbor is in nice shape as well. It's quite small really, the chuck is 1.75" (44mm) long and just under 1" in diameter.
PXL_20240823_182833529.jpg
The ugly stud and nut are just to keep things from rolling away!

In the weird tool department, picked up a pair of Bondhus 7mm hex key wrenches. I needed one, but bought the pair, because shipping was more than the part. Yes, it's an oddball size. I needed it to fit a barrel nut for my airgun. All my hex key sets skip 7mm (and 9mm).

picked this up today just to clean up and flip as the price was stupid low. was surprised at how smooth the motor runs. has 2 diamond wheels on it, an SPI and a Korean one, plus 2 green stones. will put the green stones back on it and keep the diamond wheels.

PXL_20240823_214038645.MP.jpg

picked this up today just to clean up and flip as the price was stupid low. was surprised at how smooth the motor runs. has 2 diamond wheels on it, an SPI and a Korean one, plus 2 green stones. will put the green stones back on it and keep the diamond wheels.
:you suck:

Last edited:

View attachment 500737
is it a harbor freight?
I remember Keith Fenner saying it was actually a pretty good running machine, that just needed a few tweaks.

is it a harbor freight?
I remember Keith Fenner saying it was actually a pretty good running machine, that just needed a few tweaks.
yes, I don't think they sell them anymore. grizzly has one, probably the same. I've read a few reviews with criticism on tolerances. no idea. for 60 bucks and 20 minutes away, I figured WTH.

Went to a swap meet today and found some deals.
Kurt D675 vise from Lost Creek Machine. Matt is there every year and I always find something I must have. He threw in a hat with the vise.

IMG_3081.jpeg

Starrett 0-6” blade depth mics, a few 5C collets, No3 Jacobs 17/32” chuck with a damaged M2 arbor, and a $5 tool box full of tools.

IMG_3080.jpeg

IMG_3090.jpeg

The nice set of old Craftsman small hole gages that were in the box made it well worth the $5 I paid. There’s also a bunch of old open end wrenches, one of which is an old International Harvester, a pin vise with drills and a bunch of sockets.

IMG_3082.jpeg

IMG_3083.jpeg

IMG_3085.jpeg

Anyone ever heard of a galvanometer and know where it would be used? It was in the box too.

IMG_3089.jpeg

How much will the plane weigh loaded?
My best guess is somewhere between 17 and 18 lbs take off weight.
In my 40 + years of flying, 8-10 minutes of flying tank capacity is pretty much the norm. Or rather 8-10 minutes plus a buffer.
With a fast jet I usually do 5 - 6 minutes so have a lot of reserve.

Back