What Did You Buy Today?

Paid $30 for this. It needs work, missing the transformer for the flur light, missing the fittings for the air inlet (to seal up the port), needs new protective screens and maybe a new main plexi. Missing the grate .
I might get a triggerless gun and a foot pedal, since I think it might be advantageous to mount the gun to the cab and just use a pedal and hands to manipulate the parts.
This is something I have wanted, I really wanted a big cab, but no space for it. Not sure where it will go when not in use.. Possibly to the ceiling in the garage.

View attachment 500565

Providing your comp has the CFM for it and you have inline air-driers, find a corner for it and leave it down. You will find more uses for it than you can think of right now.

What material are you going to use? AllyOx? NutShell?

Clough42 did a video on the fakes:

@SouthernChap

Decided to go watch that video. It is actually quite useful as well as one that raises a lot of useful points.

BTW, actually liking the Mitty vernier and the digimatic mic is nice to use too. So much easier when concentrating not to have to break concentration to read a vernier mic scale. Still use my digit and all mechanical ones, but that digimatic is now the go-to at least for now.

I hated my first Mitutoyo digital caliper. would never hold zero when I returned the slide. sold it and a couple years later started reading about the fakes. makes me think it might have been. I bought it used. after reading a bunch on how to tell real from fake, I bought another used but new looking one. positive it's real and it's been flawless. love it.

@SouthernChap

Decided to go watch that video. It is actually quite useful as well as one that raises a lot of useful points.

BTW, actually liking the Mitty vernier and the digimatic mic is nice to use too. So much easier when concentrating not to have to break concentration to read a vernier mic scale. Still use my digit and all mechanical ones, but that digimatic is now the go-to at least for now.
Well, my eBay find went off to Mitutoyo today. If they can't fix it, I'll have to pay the usual £90 odd for another tidy, used 293-766-10.

Back