What Did You Buy Today?

I've played the game of multiple shop spaces in different places. Waaaaay to many duplicates of tools. Hope to change that with the next place.

I have 3 shops. One is 16 miles away. That one complicates things!
Had one shop 30 miles away before we moved here. Had two table saws. Did sell one of those when we were consolidating.

Very few of the other duplicates were moved along. The gravitational pull was too great for them to break free.

View attachment 480206

I bought one of these. Despite not wanting to spend anything right now. The one I had on semi-permanent loan was recalled back to work today, so on the way back I stopped at HF. They had just emailed me a 25% off no exclusions coupon. Knocking $100 off made it pretty hard to pass up. Same size and weight rating as the one I had been borrowing. Not quite as heavily built, but it should do just fine.
I (too) purchased this jack from HF to move my King Cut (Bridgeport knock-off) - on pallet - around my shop. I have also searched Pinterest for ideas on add-ons, such as a Lift with 500 pound capacity and such.

1000001154.jpg
Bought this at an auction. It's a Superior from Taiwan built in 1983. I spent $10 for new guide bearings; replaced the gear lube, v-belt, and On/Off switch to get it running. Then, due to excessive movement of the upper wheel (or non-drive wheel), I drilled and tapped four holes in the sliding axle holder. This decreased the movement and allowed me to adjust the tracking for the blade. Cuts better than new and saved over half the price.

I (too) purchased this jack from HF to move my King Cut (Bridgeport knock-off) - on pallet - around my shop. I have also searched Pinterest for ideas on add-ons, such as a Lift with 500 pound capacity and such.
I've had an industrial quality Interthor pallet jack for over 30 years. It is amazing the things it has moved. It is rated at 4,000 lbs., and has lifted at least that much at times.

I have several shelf units built up on pallets or pallet equivalents. I move them around as necessary to clear space for projects with the pallet jack. I think my forklift would go before that pallet jack.

What I didn't buy today. My bandsaw cuts fine, but the tires a worn. I emailed Clausing for a quote for tires. They only sell these 12" wheels as an assembly for the cool price of $461.83 each X 3 = $1,385! When I searched 12" tires, I only saw them for Craftsman. I'm new to bandsaw wheels, etc. Do you know if retrofitting is possible?

What I didn't buy today. My bandsaw cuts fine, but the tires a worn. I emailed Clausing for a quote for tires. They only sell these 12" wheels as an assembly for the cool price of $461.83 each X 3 = $1,385! When I searched 12" tires, I only saw them for Craftsman. I'm new to bandsaw wheels, etc. Do you know if retrofitting is possible?
I got generic tires for a friend’s Jet… for like 25.00 for the set!!

Edit: correction, 15.95!!!

Find the right size for yours and replace them…

I have also searched Pinterest for ideas on add-ons, such as a Lift with 500 pound capacity and such.
I have several shelf units built up on pallets or pallet equivalents. I move them around as necessary to clear space for projects with the pallet jack.
The plan is to make anything with a solid base to have 'pallet type' base, so they can be moved around easily. The welding table (inherited), is able to be moved with the floor jack, which is REALLY handy!

I'm regretting not thinking of this sooner for some projects. Table Saw for example. At the cost of good casters it doesn't take long to pay for a pallet jack!

Back