What Did You Buy Today?

I replenished my emery cloth, and I bought their Oxpho Blue from Brownell's. I haven't blued anything before, but I have several parts I want to try it on. I also bought their PaintStik + pens in gold and white to bring out to try. I thought I bought the Markall pen in black, but now they refunded it. I guess they were out of stock, but I will try again. I want black for the engravings on the various lathe parts.

Attachments

• IMG_5587.jpg
    IMG_5587.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 14
More like, what do I WANT to buy today. Long shot here, but does anyone have an spanner wrenches for B&S 281 series inside mics? Got a few I need to disassemble and clean/oil. But no spanners that fit them...

Since I purchased another radial arm saw last year, I thought some reference literature would be appropriate. I purchased a copy of Wally Kunkel's book, "How To Master The Radial Saw" last week. It arrived yesterday, so I spent a little time brushing up on techniques. I was a bit shocked to see one of his sons doing a demonstration on a Dewalt 7740 machine. It's nearly identical to the 740 I purchased new back in 1975. The only difference I'm aware of is the 7740 can be operated on either 120 or 220 single phase.

If anyone is interested in purchasing a copy be sure to get it from the family website. They are only charging $29.95 plus shipping. Most other sources, including Amazon, are asking $119.95.

Attachments

• IMG_1890.jpg
    IMG_1890.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 14
I'm sure I do . :grin: Do you have a pic ? I have 100s of spanners for everything ever made . If I have it , it's a small buck . :grin:
Don’t have hundreds, but dozens: pics & dimensions needed.

First time buying something from AliExpress... will see how it goes. Only one to test... if it works well, I will get a second one. Using this one on the Wells-Index milling machine.

Sprayer/mist system

1708955317879.png

And also ordered a couple of these helpers (from another website), that @RaisedByWolves recommended.

Hobby Hand Kit

1708955639489.png

Last edited:
Back