What Did You Buy Today?

The plan is to make anything with a solid base to have 'pallet type' base, so they can be moved around easily. The welding table (inherited), is able to be moved with the floor jack, which is REALLY handy!

I'm regretting not thinking of this sooner for some projects. Table Saw for example. At the cost of good casters it doesn't take long to pay for a pallet jack!
My welding table weighs about 900 lbs., with a 3/4" plate top and large pipe feet. I welded heavy angle iron across the feet at a height convenient for the pallet jack, and it moves easily.

Not sure what will be coming home yet , but making another trip to my buddies place to haul stuff home . Probably a Kennedy full set and tools . Suppose to rain around 4 ish and don't want this getting wet .

Ordered a few things for different projects:

To finish the Logan lathe crossfeed screw and nut replacement. The new crossfeed nut thread is 5/16" and not 1/4" like the old bronze one. And since I left the screw back in Orlando, can't remember if it was 3/4" or 1" long :

Alloy Steel Low-Profile Socket Head Screw Hex Drive, Black Oxide, 5/16"-18 Thread Size, 1" Long
Alloy Steel Low-Profile Socket Head Screw Hex Drive, Black Oxide, 5/16"-18 Thread Size, 3/4" Long

For the Logan as well... someone recommended to use either a bronze washer or a thrust bearing for the dial... ordered both to see which one I like best:

Oil-Embedded Bronze Thrust Bearing for 3/8" Shaft Diameter, 1/16" Thickness
Needle-Roller Thrust Bearing for 3/8" Shaft Diameter, 13/16" OD
0.032" Thick Washer for 3/8" Shaft Diameter Needle-Roller Thrust Bearing

And I want to make another float locking vise, but this time with Acme thread:

Acme Thread Tap Right Hand, 1/2"-10 Thread Size, 2-9/16" Thread Length
Alloy Steel Acme Lead Screw Right Hand, 1/2"-10 Thread Size, 3 Feet Long
Ground High-Strength 1045 Carbon Steel Rod 1/2" Diameter, 3 Feet Long

So we busted our ashes . 2 truck loads . I'm toested and so is my son . Too mush too list . I considered myself somewhat of a hoarder , but damn . Rich was the KING !

1/8", 3/16", and 1/4" R8 toolholders, probably require new setscrews
a GTN cut-off tool (I've always used HSS, thought I'd try this one)
and two small Starrett tap wrenches, pricier than import but something I don't want to compromise on. Have several T handles but none of this type.
IMG_5344.JPG

Four tables that included a Wilton 400S and a Simplex 41P (neither pictured), a gauge block accessory kit (another thread) and a Sheldon No. 0 horizontal mill came home today. The Sheldon is ridiculously nice...a little dried cutting fluid is all it really needs for cleanup. I lubed it and put power to her tonight....smooth and quiet. Not a mark on the table!

IMG_5580.JPGIMG_5589.JPGIMG_5590.JPGIMG_5591.JPG

So we busted our ashes . 2 truck loads . I'm toested and so is my son . Too mush too list . I considered myself somewhat of a hoarder , but damn . Rich was the KING !
you are a hoarder... it doesn't change that, even if someone is above you on the chain. Did you bow to the King's widow? Or was she bowing to you when you took 1/8 of the stuff from her?:)

Thanks @ChazzC :geek:

After doing some research, I ended up buying a set of these:

I really like their aluminium wall mount socket rails and I happen to have a couple of empty rails laying around in the shop rn. According to the Q&A section of the product page, these clips should be compatible with the rails.
The clips were indeed compatible with the rails and I'm quite satisfied with the result. Once again, thanks @ChazzC for the tip!

The clips held my PB Swiss PB 100 screwdrivers effortlessly from size 1 (5/32" shaft) through 9 (1/2" shaft). However, I still need to figure out how to get the sizes 00 and 0 to stay on the rail. Maybe I'll just apply some shrink wrap on the shafts on these :encourage:

She's happy and I'm sore to the bone . I'm getting too old to keep this up . I went to sleep about 6pm and woke up at 9am
you are a hoarder... it doesn't change that, even if someone is above you on the chain. Did you bow to the King's widow? Or was she bowing to you when you took 1/8 of the stuff from her?:)

The clips were indeed compatible with the rails and I'm quite satisfied with the result. Once again, thanks @ChazzC for the tip!

The clips held my PB Swiss PB 100 screwdrivers effortlessly from size 1 (5/32" shaft) through 9 (1/2" shaft). However, I still need to figure out how to get the sizes 00 and 0 to stay on the rail. Maybe I'll just apply some shrink wrap on the shafts on these :encourage:
Glad they work for you. My HOZAN #0 JIS screwdriver (4mmØ shaft) is securely gripped, and while the #00 (3mmØ shaft) isn't gripped, it has never fallen out.

Back