What Did You Buy Today?

Cleveland Twist Drill , bronze letter drill index.
I think I have the number version of the set somewhere.
They were offered in number, letter and fractional.
Originally this was in plastic case, I think it was green.
I did not get the case.
I am trying to get the fractional from the same guy......but he was using it at his drill press!
I have one of the same style, also in great condition. I think it's the number flavor.

I don't use it. I cherish it as one representative of what American Industry used to be.

I ordered this 932 bronze (5/8 & 1 3/4" and 3' of 4140 HT from McMaster last night, and they arrived today. The 4140 was reasonable, so I bought extra for stock on hand. Man, I love McMaster! My local supplier doesn't stock either metal, and after a little bit of online shopping, McMaster was the one-stop shop and best deal given what I needed, but it was still stupidly expensive. I am making new flange bushings for the apron's lead screw and worm gear. The 4140 is for the worm gear shaft that was quite worn. Fortunately, I still have my SB 9A, or it would be all millwork. I hope to squeeze this job in this weekend; otherwise, it will be three weeks before my next opportunity.

Attachments

• IMG_5542.jpg
    IMG_5542.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Lead Screw Bushings.jpg
    Lead Screw Bushings.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Worm Gear Bushings.jpg
    Worm Gear Bushings.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5467.jpg
    IMG_5467.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 16
I think I have the number version of the set somewhere.
They were offered in number, letter and fractional.
Originally this was in plastic case, I think it was green.
I did not get the case.
I am trying to get the fractional from the same guy......but he was using it at his drill press!View attachment 479465View attachment 479466
I could be wrong on this but I think those are plated?

I bought this Pittsburg tire changer off Marketplace yesterday. Harbor Freight does not sell this one anymore, so no online manual. I know how to use the bottom part, which is the basic model Harbor Freight sells now. The top has me confused. I assume the three bars and movable brackets are to clamp a wheel on the outside, maybe for motorcycle wheels. The guy I bought it from worked on motorcycles but had only used it a couple of times. Anybody know what the top 2 bars that make a 45 degree angle do? Maybe brace the threaded on top pin when using the breaker bar? Seems barely used. I have always thought that hiring tire work was a great deal, but my local tire shops are refusing to work on my trailer tires. Cite "liability insurance, too old manufacturing date, dry rotted". Buy new. I hate tire work but maybe this will be easier.

Attachments

• IMG_0296.JPG
    IMG_0296.JPG
    759.6 KB · Views: 29
817990b28032524c63c593f7dd495f9e.jpg

Some metric DTI’s so I can make headaches chasing super tight tolerances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hey, I recognise those!

I have one of the same style, also in great condition. I think it's the number flavor.

I don't use it. I cherish it as one representative of what American Industry used to be.
Now that there is worth holding onto . :encourage:

I picked her up today, and she runs like Jack the Bear. It's a Kalamazoo Startrite 24-V-10. The air pump works, and I assume the blade welder and grinder do, too, but I didn't check them. I bought the Rockwell blade welder and three boxes of blade rolls for $100, so $800 in total. Now I have to rearrange the garage for it to fit, and that's no small task. She's on the pallet jack in the middle of my workspace, but at least I can move it around easily.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Welder.jpg
    Welder.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Blades.jpg
    Blades.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 28
The brown truck dropped off my recent Amazon purchases. A set of 5C collet blocks (square and hex), four 1-2-3 blocks, V blocks w/ clamps, a 2” R8 shank indexable end mill, and a pack of inserts for my 1” indexable end mill.

The brown truck dropped off my recent Amazon purchases. A set of 5C collet blocks (square and hex), four 1-2-3 blocks, V blocks w/ clamps, a 2” R8 shank indexable end mill, and a pack of inserts for my 1” indexable end mill.
I call a 2 shot foul here . Pics or it didn't happen ! ;) Just sayin................:busted:

I picked her up today, and she runs like Jack the Bear. It's a Kalamazoo Startrite 24-V-10. The air pump works, and I assume the blade welder and grinder do, too, but I didn't check them. I bought the Rockwell blade welder and three boxes of blade rolls for $100, so $800 in total. Now I have to rearrange the garage for it to fit, and that's no small task. She's on the pallet jack in the middle of my workspace, but at least I can move it around easily.
You STOLE the welder and blades, and swindled the PO for the saw.

:you suck:

Back