What Did You Buy Today?

Cleveland Twist Drill , bronze letter drill index.
I think I have the number version of the set somewhere.
They were offered in number, letter and fractional.
Originally this was in plastic case, I think it was green.
I did not get the case.
I am trying to get the fractional from the same guy......but he was using it at his drill press!View attachment 479465View attachment 479466
I bought the 'fractional' version, just like this at a flea mkt. Gave $7. or $8. for it

Somebody on here has one of mine . Speak up ! It was a number or letter set , can't remember .

New Fire Tablet for Mini-Mill TouchDRO

OK. before anyone else says it, I SUCK!

Why? Sit back, it's a long story, but first, here's the end result:

20240223 Fire HD 10 TDRO.jpeg
Don't believe anyone, 10" is better than 8".

On to the story:

Got an email from Woot last Saturday: they were having a deal on Amazon Certified Refurbished Kindle Fire Tablets, with a one year warranty (and eligible for up to 3-year drop/damage/broke extended warranty). I ordered an HD 10 Plus (2021) for $80, including tax, free delivery for Prime. Estimated delivery 2/24/24. Got an email Sunday that the order had shipped:

2/18, 5:31pm – Order shipped​
2/19, 4:07am – Package arrived at Amazon Lewisberry (about 20 miles away); next step would be Amazon Elizabethtown (about 12 miles away; this is exciting: the delivery is scheduled for Monday, too!)​
2/19, 5:00pm – Package delayed in transit​
2/19, 6:00pm – Package delayed in transit​
2/20, 4:23am – Possible delay in delivery, in Hazleton (that's 75 miles North, how'd it get there?)​
2/21, 6:50am – "Sorry, we can't find the status of your tracking number. Please verify your tracking number and try again." What???​
Now the fun starts; I go to the order page and message Woot; I get a response Thursday that they need the order number (why? I used the messaging link on the order page); I reply to the email with all of the details plus screen shots of the tracking and not tracking; no response by Friday morning, so I try calling Woot, kicked out of system while waiting for a person; get an email from Woot saying they're sorry the order never arrived, but they can't get a replacement so are issuing a refund through Amazon Pay; an email from Amazon telling me about the refund, and another one saying the refund has been processed; I email Woot saying I want the tablet; I find the link on Amazon offering a call-back to answer questions, I use it; talked to Michael, who was sympathetic, said he couldn't access Woot's system, but he would email them and tell them I didn't want the refund, I wanted the tablet; less than an hour later, I get an email from Woot:

Hello Charlie,​
I've reviewed our previous correspondence and your Order#: 82883723. I’m sorry to hear that you are having tracking issues and thank you for letting us know of your preference to receive the Fire HD 10 Plus Tablet instead.​
It looks like there is alternate tracking available for this item, and our most recent information shows that it is currently out for delivery. Please use the tracking link below to view the progress.​
Your tracking #: 1Zxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx​
We do apologize for the confusion caused. In this case, we will not be recharging your order, nor is there a need for you to return the tablet to us. Enjoy! (emphasis added by me)​
Now you know why I suck.

However, I have a new problem: can I still get an extended warrantee on an item I didn't pay for? Woot shows that I ordered it, and shows a refund, but I have the tablet and UPS Proof of Delivery. Suggestions welcome.

Surface plate just left the premises , and possibly the 916 Peerless next week . That's what HE bought . :grin:

Surface plate just left the premises , and possibly the 916 Peerless next week . That's what HE bought . :grin:
Meaning you also loaded him down with other stuff to make more space?

New Fire Tablet for Mini-Mill TouchDRO

OK. before anyone else says it, I SUCK!

Why? Sit back, it's a long story, but first, here's the end result:

View attachment 479785
Don't believe anyone, 10" is better than 8".

On to the story:

Got an email from Woot last Saturday: they were having a deal on Amazon Certified Refurbished Kindle Fire Tablets, with a one year warranty (and eligible for up to 3-year drop/damage/broke extended warranty). I ordered an HD 10 Plus (2021) for $80, including tax, free delivery for Prime. Estimated delivery 2/24/24. Got an email Sunday that the order had shipped:

2/18, 5:31pm – Order shipped​
2/19, 4:07am – Package arrived at Amazon Lewisberry (about 20 miles away); next step would be Amazon Elizabethtown (about 12 miles away; this is exciting: the delivery is scheduled for Monday, too!)​
2/19, 5:00pm – Package delayed in transit​
2/19, 6:00pm – Package delayed in transit​
2/20, 4:23am – Possible delay in delivery, in Hazleton (that's 75 miles North, how'd it get there?)​
2/21, 6:50am – "Sorry, we can't find the status of your tracking number. Please verify your tracking number and try again." What???​
Now the fun starts; I go to the order page and message Woot; I get a response Thursday that they need the order number (why? I used the messaging link on the order page); I reply to the email with all of the details plus screen shots of the tracking and not tracking; no response by Friday morning, so I try calling Woot, kicked out of system while waiting for a person; get an email from Woot saying they're sorry the order never arrived, but they can't get a replacement so are issuing a refund through Amazon Pay; an email from Amazon telling me about the refund, and another one saying the refund has been processed; I email Woot saying I want the tablet; I find the link on Amazon offering a call-back to answer questions, I use it; talked to Michael, who was sympathetic, said he couldn't access Woot's system, but he would email them and tell them I didn't want the refund, I wanted the tablet; less than an hour later, I get an email from Woot:

Hello Charlie,​
I've reviewed our previous correspondence and your Order#: 82883723. I’m sorry to hear that you are having tracking issues and thank you for letting us know of your preference to receive the Fire HD 10 Plus Tablet instead.​
It looks like there is alternate tracking available for this item, and our most recent information shows that it is currently out for delivery. Please use the tracking link below to view the progress.​
Your tracking #: 1Zxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx​
We do apologize for the confusion caused. In this case, we will not be recharging your order, nor is there a need for you to return the tablet to us. Enjoy! (emphasis added by me)​
Now you know why I suck.

However, I have a new problem: can I still get an extended warrantee on an item I didn't pay for? Woot shows that I ordered it, and shows a refund, but I have the tablet and UPS Proof of Delivery. Suggestions welcome.
Hellz yeah, you were quite fortunate. And,
1708705080139.png

Back