What Did You Buy Today?

Sorry, yes, agreeing.
I had been arguing with someone here about it.

The arbor press is a second class lever. The fulcrum point is the center of the pinion shaft, the load is the contact point of the pinion (which is at the diametral pitch diameter of the gear), and the effort is where the hand grabs the handle. The following image is "upside down" to the actual force directions on the arbor press, but the forces are the same. The force applied can be calculated knowing these dimensions and force applied to the handle, with correction for frictional losses.

2nd-Class-Lever+2.jpg

Not today. Last week bought an emergency surgery for our dog. That cleared out any chance of buying anything nice for the shop for a while!

It's weird that you can rotate other peoples posts???

Last edited:
That 1um will be the one to drive you batty.

(I'm still searching for at 20 millionths, but I did find a 0.5um which is pretty much the same thing...)

Not today. Last week bought an emergency surgery for our dog. That cleared out any chance of buying anything nice for the shop for a while!
Been there, done that. Puppies can be expensive. Both our dogs passed last year. One was 13 1/2 and the other was 14. We enjoyed every minute we had with them but spent a fair amount of time and money keeping them healthy in their later years. In our house there was no decision to be made when it came to their health care costs. A new machine or tool wasn't even on the radar.

We're considering some new companions, but now that we're getting older and creakier it might not be fair to limit what they can do because of our limitations

Cleveland Twist Drill , bronze letter drill index.
I think I have the number version of the set somewhere.
They were offered in number, letter and fractional.
Originally this was in plastic case, I think it was green.
I did not get the case.
I am trying to get the fractional from the same guy......but he was using it at his drill press!20240221_170841.jpg20240221_170829.jpg

Back