Considering a new Warco WM18 Mill Anything I need to know?

We're not very well served in the UK for buying new machine tools.

Honestly, I treat ArcEuroTrade as a general supplier of tooling like RDG and Chronos. I'll give them credit for their free PDFs related to the C3 and SC3 mini-lathes (think they do the same for their mini-mills too), they've put some effort in there and good on them for doing that.

However, the two times I've phoned them to ask them if they had a particular part (the more generic parts that would fit or be fettled to fit most of the standard design mini-lathes) it was as if I'd asked them to supply some assembly or other from the International Space Station.

Amadeal are a bit bargain basement and I suspect there's not much engineering expertise there beyond what a Google search could find, but fair play, there's not much pretence and they all but admit you're not getting champagne service at the prices they charge.

Chester I've heard some pretty awful things about.

Warco do seem to be a step above the rest in the UK; a bit less amateur I suppose.
So far as I am aware, and I could be wrong, we have Proxxon (limited range) Amadeal, Arc, Warco and, to some degree, the option of acquring new Myfords, but little else.

Chester don't even sit within the scope of my radar!!

Slim picking for the hobbyist for sure!

Turns out the Warco machines were made by Weiss up until 2010. They are now made by another manufacturer.

Interesting. Looks like the usual "fine toothed comb with extra caution" approach is required..

Also, looks like I may be getting it earlier than I thought if I play my cards the right way :)

Back