What Did You Buy Today?

I had very good luck buying from US Plastics. They have buckets from 1 gal to 7 gal in various colors and lids. Check them out.

These are pints...I'm thinking beer...

I had very good luck buying from US Plastics. They have buckets from 1 gal to 7 gal in various colors and lids. Check them out.

I purchased this chip pan and coolant tank from US Plastics. :eagerness:

mill01.jpg

Years ago I bought an Atlas (Clausing) 6301 lathe. It has a 2 HP motor and a Teco VFD. It didn't have a steady rest, which limited it's usefulness, but I've been able to work around it. Recently, at a swap meet I stumbled across a steady rest that looked compatible. There were no identifying numbers on any part of the steady rest. The seller thought it was off a Clausing lathe, but was unsure. Since neither of us knew it would fit, he offered a price that made it well worth taking a chance.

After getting home and placing it on the lathe, it fit perfectly. Doing some research, I determined that it was the earlier (#7522) version, which would have been sold at the time my lathe was built.

The Lathe:
Atlas 6301 1.jpg
Steady rest:
Atlas 6300 Steady Rest 1.jpg
Atlas 6300 Steady Rest 2.jpg
Atlas 6300 Steady Rest 3.jpg
The ball bearings that had been added had hardened grease, which freed up with ATF and gentle persuasion. I did find new, sealed ones on Ebay, so I have a set ready to put on. I'll polish things up a little, but in the long run, the plan is to make a better stand and do some repainting. The 3-jaw is worn out, so I'll be replacing it before long.

After purchasing the mystery end mills from McMaster Carr for steel, I saw that online carbide.com was back in the warehouse shipping so I decided to pick up some 3 flute aluminum end mills. I am really happy with these.
IMG_5480.jpeg

Tried the 1/2” out on the new mill. Took a side cut about 3-4” deep at .040 doc with the cutter moving at a fast pace with the power feed. Smooth as silk.
IMG_5476.jpeg

After purchasing the mystery end mills from McMaster Carr for steel, I saw that online carbide.com was back in the warehouse shipping so I decided to pick up some 3 flute aluminum end mills. I am really happy with these.
View attachment 506054

Tried the 1/2” out on the new mill. Took a side cut about 3-4” deep at .040 doc with the cutter moving at a fast pace with the power feed. Smooth as silk.
View attachment 506055
How are the end mill tools listed on carbide.com? I only see, look nice, woodworking tools listed.

Received recently:
20241017 Ali Spotting Drills n Joe Pie Plate.jpeg
HSS & Carbide 120° Spotting Drills (AliExpress) and one of Joe Pie's very nice 8" x 2-1/2" 10-32 Fixture Plate – low carbon ground stock, so I'm assuming A36 Precision Ground Flat Bar (should have purchased when I got the Clamps last year and saved on shipping).

Back