What Did You Buy Today?

Received recently:
View attachment 506148
HSS & Carbide 120° Spotting Drills (AliExpress) and one of Joe Pie's very nice 8" x 2-1/2" 10-32 Fixture Plate – low carbon ground stock, so I'm assuming A36 Precision Ground Flat Bar (should have purchased when I got the Clamps last year and saved on shipping).
I need to buy a set of spot drills...

The 20mm German ER32 collet arrived today for my Haas electronic edge finder. I had tried cramming it into a 25/32 collet but it wasn't turning true.

After purchasing the mystery end mills from McMaster Carr for steel, I saw that online carbide.com was back in the warehouse shipping so I decided to pick up some 3 flute aluminum end mills. I am really happy with these.
View attachment 506054

Tried the 1/2” out on the new mill. Took a side cut about 3-4” deep at .040 doc with the cutter moving at a fast pace with the power feed. Smooth as silk.
View attachment 506055
How are the end mill tools listed on carbide.com? I only see, look nice, woodworking tools
I have been on a Haas buying spree of late. Love the electronic edge finder that is both an LED light and audible beep. No way I'm spending $2k on a Mitutoyo digital thread mic...but sprang for the Haas on sale at 1/15th the price.
Sadly my old M-Head is max 1/2". Am pondering this Tschorn or the next model up. Difference is liquid proof, and I don't have a coolant system.

I have been on a Haas buying spree of late. Love the electronic edge finder that is both an LED light and audible beep. No way I'm spending $2k on a Mitutoyo digital thread mic...but sprang for the Haas on sale at 1/15th the price.
The thread mic kits, including the various anvils, sure are an attractive price.

Back