What Did You Buy Today?

I ordered a Yuasa 10" rotary table from MSC, we'll see if this is actually what I receive. This is the photo in Yuasa's catalog. The MSC photo matches this. But I see other photos elsewhere for the same Yuasa part # that look like Phase II's.

I figured if it made sense to Quinn Dunki, I'd squander some of my savings on one. For the mill I just gave up on the motor and can't use at the moment. Hopefully my center drilling will go a bit better. When I have a running mill . . .

1000007008.jpg

An interesting note about this wrench...

Both ends are stamped with two different measurements, a 'USS' size and an 'SAE' size... neither are the actual size of the wrench.

I measured the ends this afternoon... one is 1-7/16, the other is 1-5/8...

I'm guessing the stamped sizes are the diameter of the bolts they would fit, NOT the head size of the bolts...

-Bear
When going thru all my old wrenches I've noticed the same Bear . I wasn't sure how to make the markings out . :dunno:

Two weeks ago, I bought a box full of old tools for $5 because there was a nice set of Craftsman small hole gages in there. I wire wheeled all of the sockets and wrenches and tried to identify them. Some of the wrenches are marked USS, SAE, and CAP. They are marked for the bolt diameter, not the head/nut size, possibly square head bolts also.

IMG_3157.jpeg

IMG_3156.jpeg

IMG_3155.jpeg

IMG_3092.png

I’ve been able to date some of the tools to the 1920s & 30s. One of the more interesting pieces is an Indestro wrench that has a square hole in the center that was made to drive a 1/2” tap.

IMG_3153.jpeg

IMG_3154.jpeg

There are a few 1/2” hex drive sockets.

IMG_3158.jpeg

Two old Craftsman and one Blackhawk sockets.

IMG_3086.jpeg

IMG_3103.jpeg

I haven’t been able to date the Hamilton Metal Products Co Climax tackle box.

IMG_3161.jpeg

IMG_3162.jpeg

Last edited:
Bought a nearly complete letter drill set and Jacob's Chuck No14 for $20.

Bought a nice cast table saw push. For $7 clean it up and replace the plastic one on my saw.

Attachments

• IMG_0725.jpeg
    IMG_0725.jpeg
    549.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0724.jpeg
    IMG_0724.jpeg
    352.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0718.jpeg
    IMG_0718.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 19
I win the "you suck" award for today. Scored all this for 400 bucks from a machine shop that closed down. That plate is 2" thick. The larger solid round bars are 3.5" in diameter. Also some of those bars are tool steel. :drink:
steel3.jpg
steel2.jpg
steel.jpg

Back