What Did You Buy Today?

I have done that on my current toolbox setup where I have 2 Kennedy's side by side on ply to clear the edges of the bottom box. I thought about adding something to prevent them from sliding off the back or ends, but once the draws are filled I would tip the whole works over before I could break friction to try to slide them off. If you are worried about them moving a sheet of the drawer liner rubber or some double sided mounting tape under them will make them nearly permanently attached to the wood.

If you look closely you'll notice that the middle box is just about an inch wider than the bottom box.

Top and middle handles match but the bottom is different.

I'm not worried about it sliding - like mentioned it's too heavy to slide and against a wall

If you look closely you'll notice that the middle box is just about an inch wider than the bottom box.

Top and middle handles match but the bottom is different.
This stack was purchased new as a set (along with another stack) in 1983; Similar mixture of handle styles:

1983 Kennedys.jpeg

The "intermediate" drawers under the Gertsner was part of the other (smaller) Kennedy set I got in 1983:

20240825 1994 Gerstner n 1983 Kennedy.jpeg

And the Kennedy sandwiched between the Craftsman's was the same as the smaller intermediate drawers, but a used bargain I got in 2022:

1990s Craftsman n used Kennedy.jpeg

The story of the combination of the chests, plywood, etc. is here.

Nice results, and you couldn’t have made them for that money & time.
so, I've been thinking about this trading useless money for quality manufactured goods, and shop made goods. example. I just sold a chinese Palmgren 2 axis table for 250.00. Palmgren and Phase II are what I consider decent chinese made products, but this applies to anything. I hadn't used it for a long time, as I have a milling machine but used to use it on my drill press. so, this nice tool, that will last for generations if taken care of, I traded for what equals 1 trip to the grocery store in this horrific, inflation crippled economy. in other words, I'm going to poop out that nice tool in less than 2 weeks. gone.

PXL_20240207_150849586.MP.jpgPXL_20240207_150950778.MP.jpg

Test indicator .0001 graduations...

...BECAUSE I put my Mitutoyo dial indicator on the new G0709 spindle bore and the needle didn't move. I pushed it onto the spindle more and it still didn't move. DANG! We'll see what this far more sensitive test indicator does tomorrow.
Mitutoyo01.jpg

Last edited:
Back