What Did You Buy Today?

In one of these toolboxes, there is a 'new' four inch, four jaw chuck... in another box there is a set of plastic gears and what appears to be a chip shield for a mini lathe...

20240816_131012.jpg

Is this possibly a set of change gears for a mini lathe of some type? If so, does anyone have any idea what lathe they may fit? There isn't a brand on any of it...

-Bear

If you're interested in peddling the small chuck, let me know...

In one of these toolboxes, there is a 'new' four inch, four jaw chuck... in another box there is a set of plastic gears and what appears to be a chip shield for a mini lathe...

View attachment 499982

Is this possibly a set of change gears for a mini lathe of some type? If so, does anyone have any idea what lathe they may fit? There isn't a brand on any of it...

-Bear

The gear tooth counts are: 30, 50, 55, 60, 65, 65, 70, and 75... there is also a hub that fits these gears... the hub has a 20 tooth gear attached.

20240816_133510.jpg

-Bear

Curious as to the register and PCD of that 4J. Is it an SC or IP chuck?

The gear tooth counts are: 30, 50, 55, 60, 65, 65, 70, and 75... there is also a hub that fits these gears... the hub has a 20 tooth gear attached.

View attachment 499988

-Bear

Change gears for my 7x16 have small bores 12mm); only the gear on the spindle has a large bore.

More pics...

View attachment 499902

View attachment 499903

View attachment 499904

View attachment 499905

View attachment 499906

View attachment 499907

View attachment 499908

View attachment 499909

View attachment 499910

View attachment 499911

I really don't know what all is here... some of it is junk, some of it will likely be up for sale. I'll probably have some 'what is this' questions. I'll start sorting through it this afternoon.

-Bear
best score I've seen in a long time.

Got a little busy last night...

Happened to say out loud "I'm bored, there's naff-all on the box and I have nothing to keep my mind occupied". Missus asked "haven't you got anything to read?" After saying "no", she said, go order some books, at which point I tasked her with that little job.

Did not do so bad as it happens and it seems she knows me enough to figure what I might read and find intersting/absorbing... Three books centered around the Mini lathe. Did not want to upset her by telling her two could be the same.....

mini lathe 1.pngmini lathe 2.pngmini lathe 3.png

Also ordered up a replacement bottle of Cyano after using it on a household repair..

glue 1.png

Finally, Missus said she needed and wanted a "blue tooth" speaker... Couldn't find a speaker that was blue and tooth shaped, so ordered her this instead. "Bumblebee" from the Transformers series of films.

I did suggest painting one of her teeth blue and adding a micro-speaker but she told me to "stop being so bloody literal and stop being a plank"

bb2.pngbb1.png

Last edited:
Back