What Did You Buy Today?

20240815_161335.jpg

Federal .0001 indicator, Mitutoyo radius gage set, Westhoff travel indicator, Yuasa travel indicator, Starrett ID micrometer set, Starrett 6" square.

-Bear

20240815_162321.jpg

Two Starrett indicators that work smoothly, but the faces are too foggy to see through, a Tecklock indicator, two B&S 6" calipers, and a 12" Fowler caliper.

I'll quit boring ya'll for today... it's time to put this up and continue with it later.

-Bear

Gave in and ordered the Mitutoyo Digital Vernier to replace my Facom one. Ordered it shortly after ordering the digital Mitutoyo Mic.

Strangely, the Mitutoyo one cost me the same as the FACOM one did. Wierd but true.

My Facom one (stock picture as mine is currently locked in my tool cabinet!)

Facom.png

The Mitutoyo one..

Mitutoyo.png

Gave in and ordered the Mitutoyo Digital Vernier to replace my Facom one. Ordered it shortly after ordering the digital Mitutoyo Mic.

Strangely, the Mitutoyo one cost me the same as the FACOM one did. Wierd but true.

My Facom one (stock picture as mine is currently locked in my tool cabinet!)

View attachment 499944

The Mitutoyo one..

View attachment 499945
Don't want to wee on your cornflakes, and I don't know what Facom digital calipers cost, but if your Mitutoyo digital calipers were surprisingly (or rather, suspiciously) inexpensive then there's a decent chance you have a counterfeit set.

About a year ago my Mitutoyo Digimatic cost about £130 from digitalmicrometers.co.uk, who are reputable resellers.

Clough42 did a video on the fakes:

Don't want to wee on your cornflakes, and I don't know what Facom digital calipers cost, but if your Mitutoyo digital calipers were surprisingly (or rather, suspiciously) inexpensive then there's a decent chance you have a counterfeit set.

About a year ago my Mitutoyo Digimatic cost about £130 from digitalmicrometers.co.uk, who are reputable resellers.

Clough42 did a video on the fakes:

My Facom ones, at the time, cost me close on £120, the Mitutoyo cost, bar a few pence, the same.

My Facom ones, at the time, cost me close on £120, the Mitutoyo cost, bar a few pence, the same.
Ah, okay, sorry, that sounds about right. I got the impression that the Facom calipers were much cheaper.

In which case, don't bother with the Clough42 video. It's really quite long, and really not that interesting unless one has bought counterfeit Mitutoyo Digital calipers!:grin:

View attachment 499937

Albrecht ⅛" keyless chuck

-Bear

That Albrecht chuck looks like it may be mounted on a sensitive arbor: arbor mounts in a collet and the non-rotating knurled ring allows the chuck to be pulled down to give very good feel when drilling small holes.

Back