What Did You Buy Today?

Purchased a few bits I needed...

A set of 2-12mm metric (grrrr) Reamers including half sizes (RDG Tools online)
A 2mm & 2.5mm Boring bar (Menlo)
3' 4" of 20mm 6063 T6 alluminium round bar stock

All the above are for an upcoming job for a friend. I need the tools to do the work. Since I need them, I purchased them.

A replacement face shield since my old one has been cracked and held together with gasless MIG-welding-wire stitches for 20 years, as well as some "Spare" shield visors. I have an idea to try with one of the shield visor, if it works, I will post it up on here.

metricreamerset.jpg

Boring Bars 1.png

Shield 1.png

Shield 2.png

Last edited:
No the leveling feet shipped UPS in a separate box. The lathe is coming in freight, hence the confusing voicemail from Grizzly's 'freight' dept. In related news how does UPS damage leveling feet? :confused: Update: The lathe arrives in 48 hours
Looks like Grizzly shipped the gallon of headstock oil and the leveling feet in the same box. My guess is the oil got punctured and went SPLOOSH all over the place. lol

Forgot to add this to my last post...

A Mitutoyo 0-1" Digital Mic (metric/imperial) and a replacement 22-21mm collet since the collet I had seems to have grown legs and walked!

Thought I had more than enough micrometers (purely mechanical and a pair of Digit mics), but digital will give my eyes and brain a break when I need to concentrate on what I am doing as well as switch between imp & met on the fly.

Inch Micrometer.png
Inch Micrometer box end.png

Forgot to add this to my last post...

A Mitutoyo 0-1" Digital Mic (metric/imperial) and a replacement 22-21mm collet since the collet I had seems to have grown legs and walked!

Thought I had more than enough micrometers (purely mechanical and a pair of Digit mics), but digital will give my eyes and brain a break when I need to concentrate on what I am doing as well as switch between imp & met on the fly.

View attachment 499850
View attachment 499851
now that you bought a replacement collet, the old one will show up.. it always happens like that.

now that you bought a replacement collet, the old one will show up.. it always happens like that.

Most likely, but where it wandered to I have no idea. Seems to have up and walked out of the collet case and gone AWOL just when I needed it.

Probably "somewhere safe" after I last used it, but I will be darned if I knw where that is and I have looked everywhere.

Still, not complaining, the new collet is an upgrade to the original ;)

Most likely, but where it wandered to I have no idea. Seems to have up and walked out of the collet case and gone AWOL just when I needed it.

Probably "somewhere safe" after I last used it, but I will be darned if I knw where that is and I have looked everywhere.

Still, not complaining, the new collet is an upgrade to the original ;)
I hate it when tools do a Houdini on me.

I hate it when tools do a Houdini on me.
Agreed, 100%!!

Have an expensive, as new, pair of small to large FACOM mole grips. Had them since I was 16. Use them, put them down and they disappear for months on end until I go hunting for them, only to find them somewhere I never would have put them. Turns out, for the last 25 years, my missus has been playing a secret game of "hide and seek" with them to test my "finding" skills!!! Meh, wherever they are this time, they can stay there till I happen across them unexpectedly, THEN they are going where only I know where they are!

Have to like a toolbox with a lock on it!

Agreed, 100%!!

Have an expensive, as new, pair of small to large FACOM mole grips. Had them since I was 16. Use them, put them down and they disappear for months on end until I go hunting for them, only to find them somewhere I never would have put them. Turns out, for the last 25 years, my missus has been playing a secret game of "hide and seek" with them to test my "finding" skills!!! Meh, wherever they are this time, they can stay there till I happen across them unexpectedly, THEN they are going where only I know where they are!

Have to like a toolbox with a lock on it!
My wife puts things away and tells me she never touched them. Many times I have found them in something she packed up. And still she'll deny putting it there. :rolleyes:

She's always right... In her mind.

Hmm, 22-21mm collet, sounds like an ER collet: did you look in the collet holder/chuck? (Kind of like losing your glasses when they’re on your head)

I always store my collet chuck minus nut, so no, not in there and besides, every collet, after being used, is cleaned and put back into the collet case.

Back