What Did You Buy Today?

A bunch more than I wanted/need.

I will smile every time I get what I need without leaving the place.
Well I guess it's my turn to add a little something.

As we know when hardware stores change vendors certain items must go. Most of the time these items are sold in bulk. A certain percentage are slow moving and others not so slow.

My neighbor called me Saturday telling me this was going on at one of our hardware stores and knew I would be interested. I hustled over and made this and some of crate purchases. Finally today I was able to pick up this load. There is another pallet but it was 2.5xs more money and I just couldn't swallow it. Not to mention figure out how to store it all. On the plus side if you see anything you might be interested in LMK. View attachment 478370View attachment 478371

Your own private hardware store, I like it!
Congratulations! You achieved one of my dreams…. To have that isle from ACE Hardware store.

Thought I would give one of these tools a try, a tailstock mounted trepanning tool (<< link) which can also be used in other ways.

Curiosity got the better of me as to whether this would work or not. Interestig to see if it will work in forwards and reversed spindle direction simply by rotating the cutting tool through 180 degrees too. Will soon know if it is any good when it arrives.

If it does work, I can already see a method to get a smaller diameter to cut with a modification and I also see another modification that needs to be carried out for better centering.

At the price point of £32GBP and free postage (shipping) ($40.15), it does not matter to me whether it is any good or not since it is relatively cheap. I also note the seller has bumped the price to £45 + £12.94 postage since I made the purchase yesterday, so looks like I timed the purchase rather well. Had this been the initial cost, I would not have bothered with the purchase at all.

ebac0577-7b9b-49df-9d05-6f0bca071c94.jpg

Congratulations! You achieved one of my dreams…. To have that isle from ACE Hardware store.
As of yesterday they had another pallet sitting there .

I'm a great enabler and can set you up with the right people. They will look great in your new shop. It can be wrapped and forklift loaded into a transport of your choice..

Did I mention I'm a great enabler

As of yesterday they had another pallet sitting there .

I'm a great enabler and can set you up with the right people. They will look great in your new shop. It can be wrapped and forklift loaded into a transport of your choice..

Did I mention I'm a great enabler
Carp.... that stuff can't be inexpensive...

Last edited:
Picked up a 2 ton arbor press on Craigslist for $25. The gentleman was 93 and just wanted to clean out. He knew he listed it low.
He had a bunch of Stanley woodworking planes, and scrapers, but he wanted book value, and I just couldn't. Not for the shape they were in.

He built some beautiful clocks. He had a small watchmakers arbor press, about 6 inches tall, that weighed a ton for it's size. View attachment 477066View attachment 477067
Why did you steal this from the old gentlemen????

Just kidding congrats. That is a real bargain......even in my currency.

Well I guess it's my turn to add a little something.

As we know when hardware stores change vendors certain items must go. Most of the time these items are sold in bulk. A certain percentage are slow moving and others not so slow.

My neighbor called me Saturday telling me this was going on at one of our hardware stores and knew I would be interested. I hustled over and made this and some of crate purchases. Finally today I was able to pick up this load. There is another pallet but it was 2.5xs more money and I just couldn't swallow it. Not to mention figure out how to store it all. On the plus side if you see anything you might be interested in LMK. View attachment 478370View attachment 478371
Not that I can get anything from you if I were interested (I am tooooo far away), but what is it all?

Back