What Did You Buy Today?

Bought a Walker-Turner 900 drill press yesterday. Motor was locked up but Kroil and my cordless drill spun it back to life. It has had a Baldor motor swap and an odd spring loaded variable pulley that tensions the belt. Probably 1950's vintage.

Attachments

• IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    506.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0292.JPG
    IMG_0292.JPG
    541.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    524.5 KB · Views: 39
Can't find the thread, but a little while ago there was a discussion on 6" pipe wrenches on one of the Forums and I realized the smallest I had was 8", so I corrected the problem:

6 n 8 in Pipe Wrenches.jpeg

The unknown manufacturer (but USA) 8" offset & 6" came from one eBayer, and I couldn't pass up the 6" Stillson. They all cleaned up nicely (although I couldn't;dn't get all of the black oil out od the Stillson's wooden handle).

About the same time I "needed" 8mm transfer screws, so got a 6/8/10/12mm set from Zoro using a 20% coupon, and found this other gem to get above the $50 free shipping threshold:

Bahco Pipe Wrench n Transfer Screws.jpeg
Love BAHCO spanners almost as much as Keith Appleton does; they are very well made and have firm, silky smooth actions. This one is called an "Adj./Pipe Wrench," so I guess it qualifies.

I am a sucker for stuff like this. I do not have any particular use for them... but I just had to get a few in brass and stainless steel.

Micro Pika Screws.jpg

I still want his twin turbo vise... but that will have to wait until the shop is done. Again, no use for it, but I find it to be a great work of mechanical art.

I went ahead and bought the toe jack and the machine dollies to reposition the lathe. I was a little apprehensive since the dollies were only 39 dollars each, but they had good reviews. Jacked the machine up and put them on the inside edges of the base. They worked perfectly. Easily pushed the machine with one hand, and if I needed to switch directions the black pad rotated on ball bearings.

Untitled.jpgIMG_4698.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4697.jpg
    IMG_4697.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 17
“I am a sucker for stuff like this. I do not have any particular use for them...”

Those screws are seriously cool! Let us know how you use them (if you do, and they don’t just sit in your cufflink drawer).

Well I guess it's my turn to add a little something.

As we know when hardware stores change vendors certain items must go. Most of the time these items are sold in bulk. A certain percentage are slow moving and others not so slow.

My neighbor called me Saturday telling me this was going on at one of our hardware stores and knew I would be interested. I hustled over and made this and some of crate purchases. Finally today I was able to pick up this load. There is another pallet but it was 2.5xs more money and I just couldn't swallow it. Not to mention figure out how to store it all. On the plus side if you see anything you might be interested in LMK. IMG_20240214_151601351.jpgIMG_20240214_151540217.jpg

Back