Weird question, need help

Money is the issue guys.....working with what I have.
The issue is the amount of heat that the wire creates and how quickly it can disipate. The less the currently draw, the less the danger. Try running 1 heater and save your lunch money for some THHN wire.

Years ago when we had power put they also put in cable and later fiber optics. We get verizon sometimes and at my shed I get 2 bars verizon and use a hot spot for my tv

I want to know more about what you are using for a camera. That's some great video.

You had some good information. I'm a little surprised that you don't have a wood stove. For that size of a building one of my wall tent stoves would work. Cutting firewood gets less appealing as the years go by.

Now be careful, I remember the last guy who lived in Lincoln with a small cabin .

I get grizzlies as well, sow has been hanging out by my place every fall for the last couple years. Last year she had a couple cubs. Will see if she still has them. I'm in the Flathead.

The cameras are ridgetec. I've been very happy with them. I average probably about one bear video a week. Grizzlies and Black....all the animals are here and quite a lot of them, although I don't see many wolves any more.

I've been working on my hideout now for 5 years. It is a matter of money, I have to save for everything I buy and have a strict budget.....but I also have no debt, saving for a new car now as my newest one is an 03. I hope to finish my hideout next year all that is basically left is the outside.

I've been thinking of one of the small tent wood stoves for awhile now, just wondering bout durability and the purchase of extra pipes......Christmas is coming up, so maybe....I'm researching them now....best price versus durability

The Flathead, don't you just love this state! I am just so at home here and comfortable, but it is changing. I will be buried here on my land next to my dogs. I am pretty reclusive and get out very little but am feeling the urge to get down to the pub maybe next week with one of my dogs

Anyway I've went on long enough, thanks to all of you.

Attachments

• 20211231_210955.jpg
    20211231_210955.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 15
That bar stool belongs to that dog, he also has his own prepaid bar account. We are free here and happy! The trick is, when you move here don't try to change any of these people.....just fit in, relax and enjoy.

By bar account I mean food. Don't know where he lives but he just wonders in and hops up on his stool. Everyone knows it is his and stays out of it. At some point a little food will show up from either the bar or patrons....he'll stay awhile then jump down and leave....word is, he has a lot of pups around town.

Attachments

• 20210903_201315.jpg
    20210903_201315.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
That bar stool belongs to that dog, he also has his own prepaid bar account. We are free here and happy! The trick is, when you move here don't try to change any of these people.....just fit in, relax and enjoy.
One of the biggest problems is those that go some places because of how much they like it, then try to change it to what they left. If it is so great, go back and leave us alone. If that's what we want we would move there. I promise I won't go there and try to change it. It's all there's.

Have no use for people that do that. Severe lack of self awareness and intelligence.

Lincoln is a neet spot.

I have both store bought and home made tent stoves. The store bought work well, just not as heavy duty as my home made one. It was made out of about 3/16 pipe and is very heavy duty. If you can find some pipe and make your own you would be ahead. Our hardware stores sell premade front doors if needed. You can also use a 16 gallon drum or larger and make one for the space available.

IMG_20210310_190108777.jpgIMG_20210310_190130079.jpg

A couple of pictures from one of our local watering holes.

View attachment 505437View attachment 505438

A couple of pictures from one of our local watering holes.
is that a wolverine (looks a little light in color) or a badger... If a wolverine, the bear doesn't have a chance. Those bastards are killers. or maybe I have the color backwards. Saw a wolverine up in Alaska at some guys tourist trap. He was brought up from a pup, so tame by comparison. Says he lets him go every winter and he comes back in the spring.

One of the biggest problems is those that go some places because of how much they like it, then try to change it to what they left. If it is so great, go back and leave us alone. If that's what we want we would move there. I promise I won't go there and try to change it. It's all there's.

Have no use for people that do that. Severe lack of self awareness and intelligence.

Lincoln is a neet spot.

I have both store bought and home made tent stoves. The store bought work well, just not as heavy duty as my home made one. It was made out of about 3/16 pipe and is very heavy duty. If you can find some pipe and make your own you would be ahead. Our hardware stores sell premade front doors if needed. You can also use a 16 gallon drum or larger and make one for the space available.
Thinking about that small vevor 86 wood stove.

OK guys got a 10 gauge 3 wire 250 foot extension cord inside pvc pipe running to a little shed I just built. It is plugged into a outlet about 100 ft. From my house. I have a tv down there.....couple wall heaters and a fan ( man cave) all is working well but when I have the tv on and turn 1 or both of the heaters on the lights dim.

So could I get 110v step up transformer and plug it in at the shed on the extension cord to get a boost so my lights don't dim?

I don't know much bout electric stuff can you help me out
Put a slave box in your shed and run 200V 30 amp from house breaker box to it use 10 AWG, up to 100 feet and 8 AWG if it is much over that distance. The trouble with extension cords is most, even 10Ga are not rated for more than 15 amps due to the plug ends, not the wire; so option 2 is put in a 30 amp plug on either end and 30 amp plugs in the walls. make certain the slave box is grounded properly to a proper grounding rod, copper typically driven into the ground 3 to 4 foot (Most hardware stores have these), as close to the box as possible.

I installed one of these in my mother-in-laws garage a few years ago, followed code, used Ugly's as a reference for wire and circuit sizing.

Disclaimer, I am not an electrician, Electrical designer nor engineer, do your own research.

Back