G0709 Review

I stuck my collets in a 72-hole rack that's bolted to the lid of a US General cart. The lid is fixed with angle iron; I pulled the gas cylinders. The rack is mounted with the 8-hole edge running vertically; it's a 1/64" set of collets. I labeled the appropriate rows "1/16" and "1/8"; it's quicker for me to scan a row of "1/8" to grab a 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, etc. collet.

View attachment 502728
Well, yes it would be quicker. I'm going to go rearrange mine right now. Thanks.

yea mine was full until i got some smaller units used and have them dedicated to machines, either mounted to or set beside each tool freeing up room in the only tool box that i bought new, it was discounted at Home depot to $450 so i could not resist, (yes i'm a cheap SOB).
the shop is coming along nicely and thanks for the kind words.
the 4" pvc is for dust collector, the blue is 3/4 airlines, and the red romex is 10/3WG for 220v outlets, i even put 1 in the ceiling just incase.

Do you remember where you got the 3/4" airline setup? Was it a kit or did you piece it together? I'm in the market and hoping to get a recommendation if you've had good luck with your setup. There are a ton on Amazon, but leery of shoddy components. Thanks in advance for any help.

Nice solution but here in the WA rain forest I need to keep the tooling in a chest otherwise it rusts. Fighting rust is a constant battle, I should get smart and install a mini-split.
i hear you that is what all the heart ache is on my side, I spent $2900 on closed cell foam and my wallet is still squealing. mini splits going in this week i hope. started out planning on non-conditioned space for machining area and after my cheap chinesum started rusting there is no way my cheap a$$ is going to put good equipment is there to rust.

Do you remember where you got the 3/4" airline setup? Was it a kit or did you piece it together? I'm in the market and hoping to get a recommendation if you've had good luck with your setup. There are a ton on Amazon, but leery of shoddy components. Thanks in advance for any help.
the parts are good, i have not completed the install so no feedback yet but the install is nice and the parts are decent quality.

Today I installed the Holdfast brand BXA tool holder. First, beef up the backsplash with some 1.5 inch x 1/4 inch angle.

ml82.jpg

Drilled and tapped the top for the holder.

ml83.jpg

I am really impressed with this product. The white holders are solid, machined near indestructible HDPE (commercial cutting board). The powder coated steel bracket is very nice, and 12 gauge and quite stout. If I had one criticism it's that they went cheap on the 1/4 inch nuts and screws. Naturally two of the lame ass nuts were malformed and went in the trash. I predict a McMaster-Carr stainless order coming up.

ml86.jpg

ml84.jpg

ml85.jpg

Today I installed the Holdfast brand BXA tool holder. First, beef up the backsplash with some 1.5 inch x 1/4 inch angle.

View attachment 502950

Drilled and tapped the top for the holder.

View attachment 502951

I am really impressed with this product. The white holders are solid, machined near indestructible HDPE (commercial cutting board). The powder coated steel bracket is very nice, and 12 gauge and quite stout. If I had one criticism it's that they went cheap on the 1/4 inch nuts and screws. Naturally two of the lame ass nuts were malformed and went in the trash. I predict a McMaster-Carr stainless order coming up.

View attachment 502954

View attachment 502952

View attachment 502953
i like it but it is too shiny, the photos are hurting my eyes, you need to get some chips on it and maybe some oil stains on the floor.

Back