G0709 Review

What are you going to do when you need the follow rest? Remove the scale temporarily?

The pins are easily removed should I need to rotate it. This brings up the parting blade incident...I got too aggressive parting off and BAM it spun the tool post and destroyed the parting blade. Plus you know, the sanitary cycle on the washing machine after. Hence I'm a fan of the anti rotation pins.

This was before I discovered the monster Aloris #71 parting tool.
funny i had the same experience except it did not rotate the tool post just ripped the HSS parting tool out of the holder and bounced it off of the 12ft roof, and oh yea had the same washing machine cycle issue along with checking the roof of my shop for holes.

Nice shop! I have the land to build a shop but thus far can't justify it vs just using my 3 car garage. I'm thinking of installing a mini split in the garage.

I have the same large black toolchest as in your pic...it's full WTH
yea mine was full until i got some smaller units used and have them dedicated to machines, either mounted to or set beside each tool freeing up room in the only tool box that i bought new, it was discounted at Home depot to $450 so i could not resist, (yes i'm a cheap SOB).
the shop is coming along nicely and thanks for the kind words.
the 4" pvc is for dust collector, the blue is 3/4 airlines, and the red romex is 10/3WG for 220v outlets, i even put 1 in the ceiling just incase.

Attachments

• IMG_6433.jpeg
    IMG_6433.jpeg
    667.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6431.jpeg
    IMG_6431.jpeg
    664.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6430.jpeg
    IMG_6430.jpeg
    585.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back