Is there anyway to fix this razor top?

Hope you like it. It is a heavy bugger, (compared to the other shavers I have tried,) but it shaves really well. Start out with a #1 plate at first, because we don't want you crying that you cut yourself :)

Now that you guys have discovered the badass'ness of the Rockwell 6s, the next steps are a puck of "Taylor of Old Bond Street" soap, and a big bottle of Tabac!

Attachments

• taylor-of-old-bond-street-taylor-of-old-bond-street-tobacco-leaf-shaving-cream-30506485121177_...jpg
    taylor-of-old-bond-street-taylor-of-old-bond-street-tobacco-leaf-shaving-cream-30506485121177_...jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Now that you guys have discovered the badass'ness of the Rockwell 6s, the next steps are a puck of "Taylor of Old Bond Street" soap, and a big bottle of Tabac!

Tabac is my all time favorite. Both shaving soap and Aftershave

Cutting oil is my blood.

Despite my splurge on the 6S, I'm happy enough with the cheapo shaving soaps, and inexpensive blades. I bought a Col. Conk shaving soap on sale for $2.34, and it does really well, as does Proraso shaving cream. Not an aerosol can shaving soap, so it lasts a long time. The old Palmolive shave cream worked great as well, but I think it was discontinued. Still working on a giant bar of shaving soap that is sort of brownish. Think I got it in Trader Joe's, or some supermarket. I also don't really like a lot of strong scents, although I guess I make an exception for the Proraso.
PXL_20221026_141135498.jpg

It has a flat bottom. The hole is through drilled for drainage, and counter bored to hold the razor.

Flat bottom? But it must have a slot or something for the water to get out?? I would make it with a ring at the bottom and a slot or two for the water to drain....

I need to order some stainless steel stock... might as well order some to make this as well...

Does it matter 304 or 316??

Flat bottom? But it must have a slot or something for the water to get out?? I would make it with a ring at the bottom and a slot or two for the water to drain....

I need to order some stainless steel stock... might as well order some to make this as well...

I made it from 316, but I doubt it matters much.

I didn't think to slot it, but somehow it stays dry. My countertop must not be very flat.

Attachments

• IMG_20221026_085857603.jpg
    IMG_20221026_085857603.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20221026_085908966.jpg
    IMG_20221026_085908966.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Tabac is my all time favorite. Both shaving soap and Aftershave

Cutting oil is my blood.

It's my favorite too. Though, I like the more mild smell of the Taylor of Old Bond street better. The Tabac is slicker, and shaves better.

I keep my Tabac soap in the vintage 70s Old Spice mug.

Probably 316 is more corrosion resistant. I have some 304, so that's what I'll use.

As for the bottom, don't know yet. Probably keep it simple unless there's an issue.

Show the final product! Are you going to bead blast it to match? :D
Don't know about bead blasting. Right now there's walnut shells in the blaster cabinet. Changing over is a bit of work. I do have glass beads. Will that frost the stainless?

I'm getting ahead of myself. Need to finish a cable on my ELS. Twisted up four pairs of wires. Got to solder the wires into the connectors. Then my lathe will be functional again. After that I will make the razor stand.

Back