Is there anyway to fix this razor top?

I have been following this thread with great interest. I have been thinking of going to a safety razor for some time. I already use a brush and puck soap. I think this discussion has pushed me over the edge. Next paycheck I am planning on ordering the Rockwell razor as it seems like a good value and is adjustable to get me into the game. Found a listing at West Coast Shaving for a variety pack of blades. Hopefully I one of them works well for my face. I want to thank everyone for there great advice in this thread.

Ok so who is going to be the first to make their own safety razor from scratch? :)

Here are mine to date
beab5beebfc0fab9fd77b02fbce8a05f.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.

There's always a ringer in the crowd! Nice work!

Had to take a rest from serious shaving - had all sorts of bumps on my skin last night. Put some ointment on it and it was a lot better in the morning. Had a rest day, and used the Rockwell on #2 this morning. This didn't irritate my skin, and got an AOK shave. Used some mug soap and a little glycerine soap this time. May try a different shaver tomorrow, we shall see what strikes my fancy.

Tried the sort of flashy one today. It started out ok, but the handle loosened up a bit and the blade became very aggressive. A white towel became a bit pinkish. Err, that's not so good. The design isn't very different from one I did like, so go figure. Think this particular shaver is a little worn. These mechanisms aren't meant to be cranked down super tight, but it was tightened, so I was a bit surprised about drawing first blood.

Oh well, patched myself up, and have gone on with my day. Guess I need another rest day tomorrow - back to the Rockwell. You know, I see a pattern here - I really like the Rockwell...
PXL_20221029_202504299.jpg
Maybe there's a way to get a more positive tightening on this one?

Tried the sort of flashy one today. It started out ok, but the handle loosened up a bit and the blade became very aggressive. A white towel became a bit pinkish. Err, that's not so good. The design isn't very different from one I did like, so go figure. Think this particular shaver is a little worn. These mechanisms aren't meant to be cranked down super tight, but it was tightened, so I was a bit surprised about drawing first blood.

Oh well, patched myself up, and have gone on with my day. Guess I need another rest day tomorrow - back to the Rockwell. You know, I see a pattern here - I really like the Rockwell...
View attachment 425054
Maybe there's a way to get a more positive tightening on this one?

Twist a bit tighter. They stop when turning gently. But they will go maybe a 1/4 turn more to lock up.

Cutting oil is my blood.

BTW Rockwell are very good razors. If it works go with that. Why slice yourself up unnecessary.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Back