Is there anyway to fix this razor top?

Dang it, you guys - although I very well that we are all enablers! Over the years I transitioned from double edge razors to cartridge to electric and for the past couple of years, Costco's cheap-o 52 pack of disposables. This thread invigorated me, and I've been surfing the internet the last few days and decided to go the @Ken226 route and ordered the ASD2, and all of the necessities. After I get it, I'll have to make the stand for it.
:beer:

Dang it, you guys - although I very well that we are all enablers! Over the years I transitioned from double edge razors to cartridge to electric and for the past couple of years, Costco's cheap-o 52 pack of disposables. This thread invigorated me, and I've been surfing the internet the last few days and decided to go the @Ken226 route and ordered the ASD2, and all of the necessities. After I get it, I'll have to make the stand for it.
:beer:

The ASD2 is fantastic quality chunk, similar in weight to the Rockwell 6s. It's a heavy, solid chunk of stainless and plated with some kinda low friction Teflon nickel.

It's a very mild razor though. It seems to work best with the Feather high stainless blades that are a terror in more aggressive razors.

The ASD2 is fantastic quality chunk, similar in weight to the Rockwell 6s. It's a heavy, solid chunk of stainless and plated with some kinda low friction Teflon nickel.

It's a very mild razor though. It seems to work best with the Feather high stainless blades that are a terror in more aggressive razors.
Nice. I ordered the 100-count feather blades with the razor. In for a penny, in for a pound. Thanks

I ordered my Rockwell 6S today from Razor Emporium... got one of their email discount codes and took advantage of that... they had the lowest price I was able to find with the discount and free shipping.

Alum blocks aren’t so much for stopping bleeds, although they can stop some bleeds from small pulls or tears. Big nicks you want a stypic pencil.

You are supposed to rub it over your skin (lightly) after a shave and it tightens the skin up (its an astringent).

Makes your skin feel fresh and firmed up after a shave. Also helps stave off “razor burn” from the tightening effect.

Witch Hazel does the same thing. I use that after every shave now. I used the Alum block for years. Both work great. Somebody gave me 2 gallons so I figured I would try and use it up.

Cutting oil is my blood.

So are these essentially after shave alternatives or in addition?

The bit I saw on the alum block made it sound like it was to help with minor nicks and raw spots. Sort of a complement to a stiptic pencil.

The bit I saw on the alum block made it sound like it was to help with minor nicks and raw spots. Sort of a complement to a stiptic pencil.

On the rare occasion that I get a nick, I use a little swipe of my underarm deodorant on the spot.

I'm not sure which ingredient does it, but It stops the bleeding pretty quick. When I was younger, an old timer uncle who was a Korean war 82nd Airborne vet told me that trick.

Edit to add:
I looked it up. Apparently the aluminum chloride in deodorant is what does it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221026-141701.png
    Screenshot_20221026-141701.png
    377.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Speaking of soap, I bought a 12-pack of Arko in 2011. I'm still going thru it! This is a Turkish stick soap that works well in hard water, which is what I had at the time. It was the only soap that would lather up. You rub the stick on your skin then use the wet brush to work up a lather. Dirt-cheap, and the best stuff I've ever used.

Well I got my stepper motor cable built up for my homebrew ELS and it all checked out, so I had no excuse not to make an attempt at a razor stand. Used the ELS for the fine feed while turning and boring. Kind of a simple design, but it's quite functional. I'll be using it for my Rockwell.
PXL_20221026_194403814.jpgPXL_20221026_205023993.jpgPXL_20221026_223309799.jpg

Addition to aftershaves. These are good for keeping your face in order.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Thought I'd try one of the razors with an open comb today. For some reason, they were a little intimidating to me when I first saw them. Decided today was the day to try one. Dabbed some Proraso on my brush and lathered my face. Have to say that this razor is a bit more aggressive. No nicks or cuts, but I feel a little razor burn. Shaves well, though, although it requires more concentration. Wouldn't be a good choice for those that wake up with a morning fog in their head. Can't quite autopilot with this razor.

Attachments

• PXL_20221027_122459228.jpg
    PXL_20221027_122459228.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 5
Back