Is there anyway to fix this razor top?

From my testing, it is very apparent the Rockwell is a very good razor. Nice and consistent, but if you want a change, just use a different backplate. That backplate will give you an identical shave every time, but at a different level of "closeness".

Not looking to get sliced up at all! Just trying to take advantage of the variety of shavers available to me. Good thing I am through most of them, only a few more to go.

Okay... home now...

The one on the right is the gift I got several years ago and has been sitting in a drawer all this time...
From The Art of Shaving store. Brand is Gillette and, from the written description, the razor is made in Germany.

The one on the left is the Rockwell 6S. Much heavier unit. I like the feel.

IMG_8991.jpeg

Rockewell on the right, Gillette on the left... Rockewell has a longer handle and seems better for me to handle than the Gillette...

IMG_8994.jpeg

A couple more photos

IMG_8995.jpeg

IMG_8996.jpeg

Now to overcome the fear and give these a try...

Okay... home now...

The one on the right is the gift I got several years ago and has been sitting in a drawer all this time...
From The Art of Shaving store. Brand is Gillette and, from the written description, the razor is made in Germany.

The one on the left is the Rockwell 6S. Much heavier unit. I like the feel.

View attachment 425448

Rockewell on the right, Gillette on the left... Rockewell has a longer handle and seems better for me to handle than the Gillette...

View attachment 425449

A couple more photos

View attachment 425450

View attachment 425451

Now to overcome the fear and give these a try...
Try the Rockwell on 2 for a start. By that I mean #2 is facing the blade, not #4! Go up a number for a closer shave. Use a good lather, or even a thin layer of shaving cream. The shaving cream makes it easy to see what you just shaved.

Try the Rockwell on 2 for a start. By that I mean #2 is facing the blade, not #4! Go up a number for a closer shave. Use a good lather, or even a thin layer of shaving cream. The shaving cream makes it easy to see what you just shaved.
IMG_8998.jpeg

Like this?

No. #4 on the bottom view. The back plates are 1 & 3, 2 & 4, 5 & 6. You want #4 showing on the back, which means #2 is touching the blade. Like this:
PXL_20221103_133410308.jpgPXL_20221103_133435294.jpg
If you do it the way you showed, you will have a pretty aggressive shave.

The side touching the blade, is the one that affects the curvature and the angle of the blade - and the aggressiveness.

Okay... this was confusing me... from this I was under the impression that the number visible outside was the one being using with the blade... You are saying it is the other way around...

IMG_9003.jpeg

I need coffee... only a few hours of sleep and I can't think straight... there will be no shaving today...

Hmm, I didn't catch that. What I said
The side touching the blade, is the one that affects the curvature and the angle of the blade - and the aggressiveness.
is still true. It appears that I am shaving with a different aggressiveness than I thought and still it is an awesome shave.

I used a digital caliper as a depth gauge, and the height of the ridges goes according to what Rockwell said. (The height of the ridge to the middle increases with the # on the opposite side.) The aggressiveness number is indeed on the back side of the plate. Live and learn. Never bled using the Rockwell, no matter how I set it up, so it is a rather tolerant design.

Back