Hobby Machinist Group in New Jersey?

Turns Wright Machine Shop, this was the gentleman I was referring to today in one of our conversations, good to see things done as an old school machinist and machine shop would do it. Cape Cod, is it? boy that's embarrassing.
http://www.youtube.com/user/kef791?feature=results_main
If you haven't watched a couple of videos, worth checking out.

Rich

Turns Wright Machine Shop, this was the gentleman I was referring to today in one of our conversations, good to see things done as an old school machinist and machine shop would do it. Cape Cod, is it? boy that's embarrassing.

Rich

Now I remember him Rich! That guy is great! Between him and Tubalcain, you can really get started, and actually pretty far along!

Bernie

Amen to that Bernie.

A thought I just had, for next meeting, maybe bring along something for a show and tell type thing. Nothing dramatic (we had lots to see and talk about today, so it was not necessary, and I am sure that will be the case for Bernies shop! :) ) but it can't hurt either. I have some things around here it would be interesting to get a machinist perspective on at the least.

Just tossing around some ideas, always interested in the perspective of others!

peace

rich

It's funny you say that, but I almost did that today- so I have to second that idea. Or is it actually "third" at is point hah

Bernie

Charles- have you posted your handlebar-spindle-handle up here? : D

You really should! I think it is a fantastic idea!

Rich

Wow... looks like he shows you all the details of whatever it is that he's doing. First video I started watching was over an hour long!

Charles- have you posted your handlebar-spindle-handle up here? : D

You really should! I think it is a fantastic idea!

Hi, Bernie,

It's not my idea... I downloaded it from another site. The design was from a guy named Ralph Peterson. This hand crank approach for threading is common for the mini-lathes, which cannot normally be run very slow. I was surprised at how effective it was when I used it the first time. Even turning at one or two seconds per revolution, the cutter took a nice, clean cut on the thread. I loved the control it gave me for stopping where I needed to stop rather than trying to disconnect the half nut at exactly the right instant.

So who's up for round two? I missed out the first time but would like to meet all the NJ locals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I 'm up for another. We have tentative plans for another meeting this one hd by.bernie. I am always up for meeting,

Rich

Hey New Jersey Folks!

Let's tentatively plan the next meeting for Saturday, July 11? Does this work or not work for you guys?

Rich- bring this metal pieces if we don't meet up before that.

Bernie

Not sure what calendar you're using. July 11th isn't a Saturday.

I'm pretty open and would like to meet some of the folks from here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back