Hobby Machinist Group in New Jersey?

Just a friendly reminder to anyone geographically convenient to Northern New Jersey- we are having a seriously IN-formal meetup tomorrow morning, Saturday, July 13th, in Roseland, Essex County.
Easy access to the Parkway, 80, TPKE, and 280. Please PM me for info if interested!
We already have 5 or so!

Bernie

What a great time! Thanks Rich, Charlie, and Rob for making it.
Gave me a great excuse to clean the place up! ... And we got to play with the shaper for a while too. I will be happy to host another. Maybe I'll even have air conditioning by then! Ha hah

I hope our meeting was as useful, entertaining, and informative for you guys as it was for me. We definitely determined that anyone trying to show visitors shop equipment will have strange issues come up that NEVER happened when working alone!! Hah hah :) ...

And Charlie, we should start a thread about the VFD operation- I am curious..

Bernie

A good time was had by all. Perhaps for the next one we should have a theme project. Some thing that we're either currently working on or a cool machine we've acquired.

Thanks for playing host.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for hosting Bernie! Impressive space., you have quite the collection.

Rob, that has been discussed exactly what you mention. Our casual meeting environments might make that a challenge till the no. Of new users stabilizes... though I am game to whatever the host is willing to offer.

Rich

Bernie,

Thanks for being such a gracious host! :man:

I knew you were well equipped but I didn't realize you were THAT well equipped! You have so much stuff that I'll bet every time you open a drawer it's like Christmas; you forgot you had one of those! The shaper was mesmerizing; I could just watch it for hours.

Maybe Rob and Rich are right and we should have a theme visit. I, for one, would love to learn about making little steam or Stirling engines.

With the. Wildly different interests of the group, it would make for some interesting meetings :)

Not looking to place a burden on anyone though.... we are still such a small group I hate leaving new people out of the loop... always good
For them feel part of the group.

Rich

Hi Guys, i am in Eastern PA, right over the border from NJ, I would be interested in meeting next time, if i can make it. I usually have my kids on weekends, though.

I have a small CNC setup on my 3-in-1, which I enjoy greatly.

Hi Guys, i am in Eastern PA, right over the border from NJ, I would be interested in meeting next time, if i can make it. I usually have my kids on weekends, though.

I have a small CNC setup on my 3-in-1, which I enjoy greatly.

Absolutely!

I have my daughter 50% of the time, more alternating bi-weekly- we can surely work something out so you can make it and not miss ay time with them.

I'd love to learn more about CNC, as I have many components to start a small mill I have, but have had a crazy couple of years that got in the way :)

Bernie

Thanks guys-

We think alike, because I was thinking it would be cool to work on something. I'd like to think about that.

It's funny Charlie, but all those little things have such a purpose in the "big plan" that I only started forgetting them when they were stored for a while. I visited the space often, to check humidity etc. but it was still pretty hard to see things all in bins.

I just to make things as efficiently as possible! So now is time for downsizing a bit, making my space efficient, and finally just getting to work.

I have a new plan for some Stirling engines and some interesting uses for them, and I am finally close to on track again :)

Bernie

Back