Hobby Machinist Group in New Jersey?

Hi, Rich,

You can burn wood outside where you live? Any open burning is illegal hereabouts.

No burning here either, I tried to keep it low key, I used my weber charcoal grill, that is why it has taken 3 days to burn the pile down.

As for the meeting, the town is having the town wide garage sale on that day, I have a couple of machines I am considering selling, and lots of random tools and junk... but... I can do that mostly anytime. Please consider me a definite maybe! :) I think I can make it, but I will need a coupe of days to make sure.

Thanks!

Rich

As for the meeting, the town is having the town wide garage sale on that day, I have a couple of machines I am considering selling, and lots of random tools and junk... but... I can do that mostly anytime.

I love garage sales! I sometimes accompany my cousin, who I call the "garage sale king", when he goes every Saturday. Last weekend, we hit about 35 sales in six hours, possible because many were so close together. Among other things, I got a brand new Workmate workbench for my son-in-law for $4! We usually focus on the ones listing tools. Last year, I bought several bin setups that became the basis of where I keep my lathe accessories, along with about 100 assorted drill bits (most of which needed sharpening) and a few end mills, all for about $25.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow Charlie- I might actually be able to go!

I have to hold out on a definite "yes" until I know the weather- I have a weather related industrial shoot that week which might have to go into Saturday as a rain date.

I've wanted to start this for years! I am very happy we are getting this going!

Bernie

Great that we have a couple of definite maybes from you and Richl! Hopefully you can both make it! Anyone else interested?

I wonder if Splat has seen this- I believe he lives near Brick or something.

Bernie

Hi, richl, itsme_Bernie, leadunderpressure and anyone else interested,

I'm planning my weekend; are we on for getting together on Saturday morning? I was thinking we could meet a local diner for breakfast, and then move on to a tour of my little shop and some good machining discussion! Bernie, I know you won't know until you see how the weather pans out for your photo shoot, but what does everyone else say?

I'd like to meet you guys but am traveling this weekend.

If you decide on a different time or do this again, please let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey Charlie

In an effort to keep the balling rolling on this and hopefully keep the momentum moving forward, I'm in :)

Rich

Back