What Did You Buy Today?

AR5F.jpeg
5HP RPC, floor model. I also bought a 12-gauge 240VAC extension cord with the correct 20-amp 240VAC no-neutral plug, given that the neutral is not needed for an RPC. I'll cut off the receptacle and hard-wire it into the above. And I included a twist-lock 3-phase receptacle to put on the box (they have a place for it) and a plug to go on the new Bridgeport mill wiring. If a machine plugs in, a disconnect panel is not required. I'll plug this into a 20-amp 240VAC receptacle that I will mount adjacent to the 30-amp receptacle I use for my 3-HP single-phase table saw.

After talking with them on the phone, I decided to buy it from their ebay store, which offered free shipping (a $109 savings).

This should happily sit on the floor next to the mill.

Rick "can't find a drop-bed trailer to rent--will have to make it work with a tilt-bed trailer despite the higher stress level" Denney

After talking with them on the phone, I decided to buy it from their ebay store, which offered free shipping (a $109 savings).
When I bought my 30HP American rotary phase converter I bought it off of E-bay because it was cheaper than ordering directly from them. Odd but whatever.

5HP RPC, floor model.
Good choice Rick ! I know I have an extension cord here also , and maybe a few plugs . I know I gave some away with the converters but I would bet I could find more . The drop beds are hard to find , I think the renters sold them off . A tilt bed is fine though , I still have all that's needed . :encourage:

When I bought my 30HP American rotary phase converter I bought it off of E-bay because it was cheaper than ordering directly from them. Odd but whatever.
When I talked to them, the guy said it was a deal offered by ebay--they cover the shipping as part of their arrangement with American Rotary. That surprises me, but he seemed to think it was "an ebay thing--like Amazon." I don't know if the guy gets a commission on inside sales and if so he's probably screwed by that arrangement, but $109 is $109.

Rick "the price shown by ebay was marked as being discounted 20%, but the price was the same as on their website" Denney

You mean launchers...
Yep, did that today as my obnoxious circlip pliers that have replaceable bits, self-disassembled and chucked the circlip across the shop.

Eh, that's the reason that every time Lidl has selection boxes of circlips in their 'Middle of Lidl" aisle, I stock up. I accept that circlips are just as likely to disappear off into some dark corner of the workshop as they are to stay on the end of the removal tools. :grin:

Last edited:
Back