What Did You Buy Today?

Phonetics?
I lived in Japan 40+ years ago, could get by OK, almost all forgotten now. But Japanese is mostly single syllables and words they adopt all become single syllables. "In ta na shu (last is an exception to the single syllables) a" would be close off the top of my head. So it's strange . . . Mitutoyu is actually pronounced "Me tsu (like the last half of sheets) toe you. Each a distinct syllable. There are two different ways of putting Japanese syllables into Roman letters. "tu" is used in one to make as many as possible two letters. The more common is an exception with three letters "tsu." Trivia . . .

Bought this little self centering 4 jaw for some miniature parts I needed to make.
Turns out the arbor they shipped with it is actually a small live centre arbor.
Maybe they ship them as small tailstock chucks?

IMG-1441.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-1442.jpg
    IMG-1442.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-1443.jpg
    IMG-1443.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-1444.jpg
    IMG-1444.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 8
And a wood cigar box... it is 6-3/16" inside dimension, so is the perfect size to store my 6" milling vise parallels and get them out of the crappy plastic box they came in. Plus... it has a lot of character...

View attachment 502367

View attachment 502368

-Bear
Now that's a pretty one; I do like that.

The injection moulded cases are cheap for the manufacturer and so reduce the price to the consumer, and they're mostly functionally fine, but a nice wood box is, well, a nice wood box. :)

A rather hard to find 15mm peanut butter wrench. Turns out that René Herse is pretty much the only manufacturer still producing these :guilty:
I've not previously heard the term "peanut butter wrench". Do you have any info how that name became associated with that wrench?

Yep against the wall. I would love to have snakes to eat them, but most are in the winter and snakes take too long to digest each one.
I think I found my new mouser... ;)
I wish I could keep him.. He or she flew along the ground 6 or so inches, then popped up to the wire at the edge of my property.
spent 2 minutes looking then caught something across the road. This would be a great all weather mouser.. if only... but then I'd have to clean up the poop.

Attachments

• PXL_20240910_203539497.jpg
    PXL_20240910_203539497.jpg
    742.5 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20240910_203559625.jpg
    PXL_20240910_203559625.jpg
    774.9 KB · Views: 42
The legend tells that long distance cyclists use the handle to eat peanut butter from the jar.

More than a legend, it’s a feature:

IMG_8087.jpeg

Also, unless RH has a factory in Taiwan, they don’t make them.

Back