What Did You Buy Today?

Ah, let us all know what you think of the quality. That seller has has lots of "Made in India" products and I'd be interested in someone's actual experience of some of them. :encourage:

Other than a needle file around the edges, a drop of oil and tightening the gib screws up to remove free movement, it seems ok.
Smooth action, easy to lock the gib and the live nose is smooth not to mention the oodles of travel in both directions from center..

Other than a needle file around the edges, a drop of oil and tightening the gib screws up to remove free movement, it seems ok.
Smooth action, easy to lock the gib and the live nose is smooth not to mention the oodles of travel in both directions from center..
That's reassuring, cheers.

How are the accuracy of the scale markings, is it square and all that?

Found something I have been wanting for a few years… it is in bad shape and missing a lot of parts… but it is a start.

Walker-Turner 10” bandsaw. I want to make it into a metal cutting bandsaw…

Found it in Virginia. Wife’s cousin is going to pick it up and store in his garage until I can drive there to get it…

IMG_4748.jpeg

Last edited:
Found something I have been wanting for a few years… it is in bad shape and missing a lot of parts… but it is a start.

Walker-Turner 12” bandsaw. I want to make it into a metal cutting bandsaw…

Found it in Virginia. Wife’s cousin is going to pick it up and store in his garage until I can drive there to get it…

View attachment 480886
I have a similar machine waiting for me to get around to fixing it up. Plan to power it with a small sewing machine servo motor like the ones @The Custom Crafter sells.

John

Walker-Turner 12” bandsaw. I want to make it into a metal cutting bandsaw…

View attachment 480886
IMG_0472.jpeg
I bought this one 12/31/21 and took it apart for restoration. It's still in pieces, maybe we can do ours together from opposite ends of the country....

John

That's reassuring, cheers.

How are the accuracy of the scale markings, is it square and all that?

Without taking a square or mic to it, it looks square and the dovetails look good.

Accuracy of the scales? will check that when I get a chance.

Being that centre on the front and the MT2 arbor on the rear are removable, there are options for a different arbor or even a dead-centre. I actually shortened the live centre to regain half-inch.

The live centre runs on 3 ball bearings and can be removed from the housing, the housing shortened, two bearing removed and then the center arbour can be machined shorter. So far the shortening has not affected performance and I have two spare bearings for it.

Back