What are you listening to right now?

Tinnitus is a real be-atch ! Interferes with thinking and concentration ! Don’t need that when trying to focus on machining tolerances.
I can ignore the nag but not the radio like interference !
Even noise cancelling hearing aids don’t help ! !

so far I havnt found anything that helps.
Mine started in the early 70's one side only, now its both sides and extremely loud, enough to drown out conversation.
Sometimes I wonder how I have kept sane (although many wont agree with that statement :laughing:)

Mine started in the early 70's one side only, now its both sides and extremely loud, enough to drown out conversation.
Sometimes I wonder how I have kept sane (although many wont agree with that statement :laughing:)
Your early 70s or the 1970s?

I'm enjoying it right now. What I really enjoy is when one ear starts in with its own louder tone straight out of no where. Its like my tinnitus is doing its own guitar solo in the middle of the concert.

Meditation is the only thing that has brought some relief to me. It may sound counterintuitive but meditation makes you sit with the tones for extended periods and somehow desensitized me a little bit. During normal activities, the ringing is drowned out a little bit because I’m able to not pay attention to it because I’m a little bit more skilled on how to shift my attention because of meditation.

Not gonna lie, after a couple of days on a silent retreat, you can feel like you are going insane, but there is something therapeutic about coming out the other side.

The downside is people who meditate and don’t suffer tinnitus don’t understand. They can imagine what it’s like but don’t really know. When I questioned the instructor about tinnitus and how to deal with it (after 14 hours of meditation that day) he suggested to reframe my view to consider that some monks consider having such a constant tone to focus on a wonderful thing. He could see the look on my face suggested those monks were possibly crazier than I was feeling. I told him if I could give them the gift of tinnitus they could have it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back