What's in Your Pocket? (No, Not That, Dave: EDC)

I’m working on designing some EDC gear. So far I’ve done a front pocket pen and a deep carry clip pen, a tweaker size screwdriver, a couple scalpel knives (one including a bottle opener :) , a metal card wallet, and working on a clicker pen.

Here’s one of the pen prototypes. 6061-T6 anodized. Parker G2 style insert from Schmidt writes like butter. Might do a titanium version as well.
View attachment 497437
My tactical pens:
20240720 Tactical Pens rfs.jpg
Aluminum, Brass & SS CAGE 5VKB6 (with serial numbers, ca 2011), I don't think these are currently available. Plus a no-name, Resin & thin Brass pen that functions as a tactical pen for international travel travel (less likely to be confiscated). No blades or other hidden features, just out & out defense/offense tools (the best tactical pens IMO don't look like weapons). For true tactical purposes, the heavier Brass & SS pens are best (they also made a Copper version, but were no longer in production when I "discovered" them).

Thanks for the ideas !!!

Screenshot 2024-07-21 021031.png

I have always wanted to make an expandable baton that was disguised to look like a flashlight and could actually be used as a flashlight... but I know I will never get around to it.

Last edited:
View attachment 497507

I have always wanted to make an expandable baton that was disguised to look like a flashlight and could actually be used as a flashlight... but I know I will never get around to it.
I need one of these in bright orange for when I go for walks: within the neighborhood it's not bad, but there is a 35MPH and 45MPH road that I need to walk along for some of my routes and even with my Tee-Ball bat it's sometimes difficult to keep the cars away.

My T029 (post #30) arrived as promised Sunday, but didn't have a mounted blade so I waited until my Kershaw Lonerock RBK2 arrived (also from Amazon) to do a comparison:
20240727 Kershaw Lonerock RBK2 rfs.jpg
The Kershaw has a number of nice features (beefier handle & lifetime warrantee), including a blade removal assist. I easily and safely removed the #60A blade that was mounted in the Kershaw and placed it in the T029 – the fit was a little loose, but it was difficult to lift the bottom of the blade so it could be removed (and this isn't a procedure to be hurried). Decided to return the T029 to Amazon and keep the slightly more expensive Kershaw ($34 vs. $24 for the T029; and significantly less from Amazon than Kershaw – $48 on sale from $60, plus $7 postage).

My T029 (post #30) arrived as promised Sunday, but didn't have a mounted blade so I waited until my Kershaw Lonerock RBK2 arrived (also from Amazon) to do a comparison:
View attachment 498087
The Kershaw has a number of nice features (beefier handle & lifetime warrantee), including a blade removal assist. I easily and safely removed the #60A blade that was mounted in the Kershaw and placed it in the T029 – the fit was a little loose, but it was difficult to lift the bottom of the blade so it could be removed (and this isn't a procedure to be hurried). Decided to return the T029 to Amazon and keep the slightly more expensive Kershaw ($34 vs. $24 for the T029; and significantly less from Amazon than Kershaw – $48 on sale from $60, plus $7 postage).

Thank you for the follow up! It is always good to hear the opinions of others on stuff I own and how it compares to other stuff out there. There wasn't much available when I bought my T012, it is good to hear that there are some nice options available now.

I have never tried the Kershaw blades on my T012... I will avoid them for this knife, I have heard a lot of people comment that the scalpel blades aren't standardized very well causing fit issues on various handles.

If you haven't already sent back the T029 could you post a side by side picture with the Kershaw please?

Thank you for the follow up! It is always good to hear the opinions of others on stuff I own and how it compares to other stuff out there. There wasn't much available when I bought my T012, it is good to hear that there are some nice options available now.

I have never tried the Kershaw blades on my T012... I will avoid them for this knife, I have heard a lot of people comment that the scalpel blades aren't standardized very well causing fit issues on various handles.

If you haven't already sent back the T029 could you post a side by side picture with the Kershaw please?

Thanks

Sorry: didn’t take photos of the T029 since the photos on Amazon show everything (I couldn’t tell from the photos that there isn’t much unsharpened blade available to pry up for removal, needed to have it in my hands) and UPS has it now.

Charlie

Back