Trailers ?

I'm looking for this for you, but apparently not in my head any more, and I'm not finding it right off.... Just for time/effort consideration. Etrack has seven kajillion mounting holes for every inch of track (give or take), but you don't have to use them all to get the load rating. Bolted (nut and bolt through steel trailer member, it's remarkably few of the holes that are "populated". 3/4 inch wood screws into 3/4 trailer walls (the thickness of the e-track keeps them from poking out the other side), then I "think"???? it's every other hole. Rivets (good side on an outside wall) take something in the middle..... I joked about the billion holes, and you'll think it is by the time it's done it's only half a million or so, but there are guides, and honestly, years ago when I did this on a couple of enclosed landscape trailers, it's not a billion holes. It's less. But it's a lot. And they're "real" screws. No tek screws (zip screws, self drilling) can go into wood. Metal only for those. You loose too much thread for the drill point on short little screws, and the pilot comes out oversized and blah blah blah engineering stuff. It's very specific, but nothing that's hard to do or come by, just gotta be right.

I'm looking for this for you, but apparently not in my head any more, and I'm not finding it right off.... Just for time/effort consideration.
Thanks Jake . The heaviest thing that would ever be in this trailer would be the Kubota ( maybe 3000 lbs tops ) . I would use the D rings for this . There could be 3 sport atv's in at one time but they are light ( 220 lbs each ) and I could use the rings also . I looked at the Etracs from USCargo and they were reasonable as well as those from HF . I'm holding off on them for now , but planning on a few 5 ft tracs in the future .

Gotcha... I was figuring you were wanting "trailer long" strips. For what you describe, even a "worst case" installation is pretty surmountable. It'll do what you describe quite nicely.

Gotcha... I was figuring you were wanting "trailer long" strips. For what you describe, even a "worst case" installation is pretty surmountable. It'll do what you describe quite nicely.
Thanks for the vote of confidence Jake . :encourage: Trying to figure out what I really need is quite a chore for me . I don't want to double up on things I had in the camper that I already have here . The little inverters have me puzzled at the minute , but I'm working on it .

Not what you asked so you might already got this part covered. Recently looked at a bunch of enclosed car haulers. For some reason everything has just 3500lb axles instead of 5000 or more. Doesn't leave much for the trailer weight and tractor or anything else.

The rear ramps were very light duty and not up to the task of a 4000# plus vehicle. The ATVs will won't be a issue. You will like the extra height and width.

How much do you plan on finishing the inside?

Not what you asked so you might already got this part covered. Recently looked at a bunch of enclosed car haulers. For some reason everything has just 3500lb axles instead of 5000 or more. Doesn't leave much for the trailer weight and tractor or anything else.

The rear ramps were very light duty and not up to the task of a 4000# plus vehicle. The ATVs will won't be a issue. You will like the extra height and width.

How much do you plan on finishing the inside?

Hey Lynn . Yes , definately going with the 5200 lb axles on this trailer . Might not ever need them but you know me , things change quickly here . :grin: Plan on putting a few beds , lights , all the camping gear in along with all the atvs to get it all out of the garage . A Mr. Buddy for heat so it wont be an exotic camper by any means .

On a side note . I watched a show and Kalispell was on there for 30 minutes . Got to make that trip down your way next time leaving Calgary . Beautiful area ! :encourage:

I use E track up high to make a mezzanine when I need more square footage over low height items. Some of the 2X brackets Wood Beam Sockets, 2X lumber and plywood (Melamine surface for cleaner/smoother) plus a few screws and you've got an upper deck of any dimension you like (for sleeping or storage or ???)

For lighting, my suggestion is 12V LED strip lighting with PSA. I'll attach a link to a general example. Shop for best features to suit yourself. Cuttable strip would be good for custom fitting, except then you have a wiring task to connect to power source. The PSA eliminates the need for any fasteners. Water proof would probably eliminate any future issues resulting from moisture (condensation).

Back