WAY OT--Looking for a New Broadcast Fertilizer Spreader

I gave up on broadcast spreaders for my 1 acre and went to a liquid boom sprayer.

Curious, how does one keep from burning the grass with fertilizer or herbicide when its a liquid and is absorbed so easily?

Maybe i put on too high a rate, but found more than 20 lb. actual N per acre burns things. I agree liquid is so much less work and more even.

As a farmer I wanted to put on treflan for crab grass killer but think it has to be granular, not liquid sprayed to prevent burning. For those that do not know this is the same active ingredient but cost a tiny fraction of the big box store offers.

example, read the last ingredient on this offer:

Curious, how does one keep from burning the grass with fertilizer or herbicide when its a liquid and is absorbed so easily?

Maybe i put on too high a rate, but found more than 20 lb. actual N per acre burns things. I agree liquid is so much less work and more even.

As a farmer I wanted to put on treflan for crab grass killer but think it has to be granular, not liquid sprayed to prevent burning. For those that do not know this is the same active ingredient but cost a tiny fraction of the big box store offers.

example, read the last ingredient on this offer:
I find the boom sprayer far more controllable. I have a remote on/off for it. I have burned the grass many times with the broadcast spreaders when stopping or making a sharp turn.

Now let's talk weeds. I have wasted untold amounts of money on the broadcast spreader weed and feed with only marginal weed control. I load my boom sprayer with Speedzone and it's a weed apocalypse. This absolutely obliterates the weeds. They wilt, shrivel up, turn black then to dust and blow away in the wind.

Last edited:
Back