Solid tool post for 1130v?

I think I'll go for the A36.

The casting would be nice, but the one James did is too small in all three dimensions. I might be able to reduce the length and width a bit, but height is an absolute requirement and ending up 5mm short would not be good.

My call to Garland (TX) Steel yielded a price of $130 for 1018 (~$5/lb). They used to have drops available, but I think their liability insurance put the kibosh on letting people pick thru them.
Metal Supermarkets has a location in Plano. Some of their locations have drops available, and if you call for pricing it seems to be consistently lower than what you get using their online quote system.

Metal Supermarkets has a location in Plano. Some of their locations have drops available, and if you call for pricing it seems to be consistently lower than what you get using their online quote system.
That was the place in MA that had drops. The manager there told me that it is better to call the local store and ask for a price, (for cut pieces, ) than to do it online. I was also allowed to walk around, with the provision I get out of the way of any of the workers. Thought that was pretty nice.

That was the place in MA that had drops. The manager there told me that it is better to call the local store and ask for a price, (for cut pieces, ) than to do it online. I was also allowed to walk around, with the provision I get out of the way of any of the workers. Thought that was pretty nice.
I read (random Internet forums) that the Plano and Dallas Metal Supermarkets don't do drops. Fort Worth may, but that's a 100 mile trip for me. Next time around, I might give them a call.

Back