New member and already have machine problem

Just a little follow up. I conversed with Pete via emails and did some more checks of the controller that he suggested. I also told him of some I tried myself. After I gave him the results, he stated he is very confident the issue is in the board. Now I need to decide if I want to throw more money at this machine since I now have grizzly G0768 on order.

So, I'll most likely be parting it out. As I stated, the motor does run when I do the 9 volt battery test. I also have a QCTP with 8 tool holders. If interested in anything, let me know.

And thanks to those of you that made suggestions!!

Now I just hope things go well with the 768

Dennis

2 things you could check is there some sort of cut out that has tripped?
secondly you said you measured the resistance of the motor and that you have 12 volts across it put your meter on current and in place of one of the wires (positive probably) and see what current you get you should get 12 divided by what ever the resistance was

There’s lots of these machines out there and they’re still in production with good parts support from LMS.

Check on eBay for completed auctions to see what parts go for, I suspect you’ll figure out the machine is worth more complete. Plus you won’t have stuff left over you can’t get rid of.

Good luck either way.

John

Back