Need help identifying what are these tools used for

Yes that makes sense if one brakes the good parts become spare parts for the other.
It even more basic than that, if the display and controls are essentially the same from one machine to the next then you do not need to change the way you think about operating them and reading them....

Tim,

One of the many things I should have explained

Feed, moving the tool from right to left, toward the chuck,

(there are two dials on the left of the machine, down below some of the stuff)

The dial on the right changes the amount of cutting feed when the spindle is turning. (I think the other one changes direction of feed.)

With the knob turned counter clockwise, the tool advances .0025 per revolution of the chuck.

With the knob turned clockwise, the tool advances .005 per revolution of the chuck.

With the knob turned in the center, the tool advances .010 per revolution of the chuck.

The paper manual gives different feeds for different gears. This setup above is probably the most used.
The option for changing gears allows you to make different threads than the ones that accompany the feed rates that the lathe is set up for, .0025, .005 and .010. My memory doesn't cover what threads accompany that gear set up.
Thank you so much. I was waiting for the 25-30 mm m5 bolt for the under the cross feed part was was dangling when I went home. 7 hours of transport surely made it all vibrate a lot.

Back