Adapters for connecting iGaging Absolute and Mitutoyo SPC scales to TouchDRO

On top of the same screen there is a filed that shows the firmware version of your board. It should be 3.2.
It’s 3.0. How do I get updated to 3.2?
IMG_4199.jpeg

I thought the firmware updated OTA on the TDA-420? Is there a file I need to install over the USB? Thanks

I thought the firmware updated OTA on the TDA-420? Is there a file I need to install over the USB? Thanks
OTA stuff is not done yet (I'm working on it, but it's still a few months out). For now the only way to get 3.2 is to send the board to me.
Regards
Yuriy

I've just found time to get my TouchDRO up and running with 2 x Digimatic Mitutoyo 50mm 1um resolution indicators for a watchmakers lathe. It's perfect, thank you... calibration was easy, and the encoding is 1um per encoding thingy.

Many thanks!

Chris

I've just found time to get my TouchDRO up and running with 2 x Digimatic Mitutoyo 50mm 1um resolution indicators for a watchmakers lathe. It's perfect, thank you... calibration was easy, and the encoding is 1um per encoding thingy.

Many thanks!

Chris
Nice!!! Thank you for letting me know.

Okay got my TDA-420 updated to firmware 3.2 and my iGaging quill readout is working with the TouchDRO through the adapter. I'm kind of clueless on what the settings should be and it is reading off. I want to have the iGaging and my SINO glass scale to both read combined on the Z axis.

I currently have the W input mode set to Mitutoyo SPC, the adapter is plugged into the W input port. The Z axis setting set to Secondary Input Prefix W. Not sure if these are correct, how to calibrate the iGaging scale and any other settings I need to change?

Any help anyone can provide would be great. Thanks
Rob

Okay got my TDA-420 updated to firmware 3.2 and my iGaging quill readout is working with the TouchDRO through the adapter. I'm kind of clueless on what the settings should be and it is reading off. I want to have the iGaging and my SINO glass scale to both read combined on the Z axis.

I currently have the W input mode set to Mitutoyo SPC, the adapter is plugged into the W input port. The Z axis setting set to Secondary Input Prefix W. Not sure if these are correct, how to calibrate the iGaging scale and any other settings I need to change?

Any help anyone can provide would be great. Thanks
Rob
Rob, you would calibrate it the same way as any other scale. The app doesn't care where the readings are coming from - all it needs is to know how encoder steps correlate to the real world units. Calibration process is covered in the user manual here: TouchDRO Input Calibration.

Back