Adapters for connecting iGaging Absolute and Mitutoyo SPC scales to TouchDRO

Weiss, Grizzly, Precision Matthews, Hi-Torque, and more are all just Seig resellers.

The G0758 is just a Seig X3.

Weiss, Grizzly, Precision Matthews, Hi-Torque, and more are all just Seig resellers.

The G0758 is just a Seig X3.
negative.
they are not even close to the same
grizzly and PM sell a version of the Seig mills but these are not them

BTW if the G0758 was a Seig X3 i would be ecstatic, much larger and better IMO mill.

"Grizzly, Precision Matthews, Hi-Torque, and more are all just Seig and Weiss resellers." would be an accurate statement.

My understanding is that resellers go to the factory that casts the parts for Seig and Weiss, buys the parts then assembles them to their own specs, so not like they are buying them from Seig or Weiss and reselling them. take the PM25MV vs the Grizzly G0704 there a lot of small differences (belt drive vs gears for one) but all based on the original design

Last edited:
negative, it is a Weiss design, similar to the pm 25/30/grizzly G0704, just smaller like a 3/4 g0704
OK, thanks — what I call a "Bench Mill," one step up from a Mini-Mill.

OK, thanks — what I call a "Bench Mill," one step up from a Mini-Mill.
kind of a gray area when to comes to the G0758, the G0704/PM25MV that applies but the G0758 is 13-1/8 in the X and 5-1/2 Y with about 8 max spindle to table stock so down really close to the Mini size.
the G0781 is clearly a Mini and it has 11-3/16 x 5-1/8 Y and 11-1/2 spindle to table sooo.
the biggest diff is that the G0758 has a true quill.

Last edited:
kind of a gray area when to comes to the G0758, the G0704/PM25MV that applies but the G0758 is 13-1/8 in the X and 5-1/2 Y with about 8 max spindle to table stock so down really close to the Mini size.
the G0781 is clearly a Mini and it has 11-3/16 x 5-1/8 Y and 11-1/2 spindle to table sooo.
the biggest diff is that the G0758 has a true quill.

Regardless of the table size (my Mini-Mill has the same basic specs as the G0781, but I added a 2” riser so more useable height), having the separate Quill & Head movement is a big deal and the construction of this configuration is more rigid.

Regardless of the table size (my Mini-Mill has the same basic specs as the G0781, but I added a 2” riser so more useable height), having the separate Quill & Head movement is a big deal and the construction of this configuration is more rigid.
yea not knocking a mini mill just saying that the separate quill is a dividing line between small/bench and mini IMO,
yea I increased the spindle to table from 8ish to 14ish by flipping the z axis slide. i can now work with 11" of z and have 14" for tool changes the stock 8" was very limiting. I do not try to work at the 14" level for obvious reasons but i have used it for drilling.
all of this for free other than my time and can be completely reversed in a hour. i have a inch and metric r8 collet set so z travel is no longer a limitation on this mill, now rigidity that is another question, so far the 3/4 hp has been ok you just have to refrain from putting 1" drill in it. I have a set of metal gears to put in it if i strip the plastic stock gears but so far so good.

Attachments

• IMG_5811.jpeg
    IMG_5811.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5810.jpeg
    IMG_5810.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5808.jpeg
    IMG_5808.jpeg
    345.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5809.jpeg
    IMG_5809.jpeg
    286.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
yea not knocking a mini mill just saying that the separate quill is a dividing line between small/bench and mini IMO,
Totally agree; once you mentioned "quill," I figured you were referring to a Bench Mill. Even though Grizzly refers to the G0704 as a "Mill/Drill," I've always classed Mill/Drills with round column's.

Totally agree; once you mentioned "quill," I figured you were referring to a Bench Mill. Even though Grizzly refers to the G0704 as a "Mill/Drill," I've always classed Mill/Drills with round column's.
I always thought that knee mills were mills and non-knee were mill/drills i see references to PM940s as Mill/Drills. and that mill/Drills were divided up into round column, square column and subset of minis. come to think of it is the inclusion of a quill the dividing line between mill and mill/drill? ok thanks now i have a migraine. the one mill that is not a mill/drill would be the horizontal mill. OOOOOW where's the aspirin.

I always thought that knee mills were mills and non-knee were mill/drills i see references to PM940s as Mill/Drills. and that mill/Drills were divided up into round column, square column and subset of minis. come to think of it is the inclusion of a quill the dividing line between mill and mill/drill? ok thanks now i have a migraine. the one mill that is not a mill/drill would be the horizontal mill. OOOOOW where's the aspirin.
I guess I shouldn't mention Micro-Mills?

Micromark MicroLux Micro Mill post.jpg

Back