New accessories for TouchDRO TDA-400/420 adapters

DRO Plus uses SPC protocol and Micro-USB connector. The old non-Plus scales used mini-USB connector and different protocol.

Sorry that you got confused.
cool this would fit better for my quill (and X for that matter), what are the adapters going to cost?
which do you like better the Shahe or the Igaging?

DRO Plus uses SPC protocol and Micro-USB connector. The old non-Plus scales used mini-USB connector and different protocol.

Sorry that you got confused.

To add to the confusion, the iGaging Store (and other resellers) don’t always say “Absolute Plus:” when I purchased the scales for my Mini-Lathe last year I reached out to iGaging and they said that they only sell the Plus versions now. However, since there are sure to be NOS non-Plus scales out there, the Micro-USB connectors are the best indication of what is being sold.

To add to the confusion, the iGaging Store (and other resellers) don’t always say “Absolute Plus:” when I purchased the scales for my Mini-Lathe last year I reached out to iGaging and they said that they only sell the Plus versions now. However, since there are sure to be NOS non-Plus scales out there, the Micro-USB connectors are the best indication of what is being sold.
yea like the micro-usb and the mini are easy to tell apart lol

yea like the micro-usb and the mini are easy to tell apart lol
Not too hard.
main-qimg-f174ce5bd6835e05d3baa3c94cf6817f-lq.jpeg

from this view, np from the photos you normally get of a product yea really easy lol
I have a hard time when i have the female part in my hand. and yes i do know the difference but to verify a part from sales literature that is less than specific i struggle. if the following photo had USB type A i could tell.
1720530873380.png

from this view, np from the photos you normally get of a product yea really easy lol
I have a hard time when i have the female part in my hand. and yes i do know the difference but to verify a part from sales literature that is less than specific i struggle. if the following photo had USB type A i could tell.
View attachment 496321
Oh. I thought you already had one.

These are level shifters/adapters (from left to right) for Mitutoyo, Shahe, and iGaging Absolute DRO+ scales. There won't be one for iGaging EZ-View scales, though.
The goal for these is to allow people to use a capacitive scale on the quill. Some benchtop mills come with scales with a data port. If not, it's easier to replace the factory scales with another capacitive scale than to convert the head to accept a glass or magnetic DRO scale.

TDA-4xx adapters that shipped after May 15th (with Firmware V3.2) already have support for the SPC and BIN6 protocols. Older adapters will receive an over-the-air update at some point (don't know the ETA yet).

I will have these listed in the store in a couple of weeks.

Regards
Yuriy

Hey Yuri, any updates on the adapter availability?

Hey Yuri, any updates on the adapter availability?
Nope. Was out sick (well, still am sick, but can function). I will post any updates as they come.
Regards
Yuriy

Back