THAT'S IT!!!! Janitor Accesories for all!!!!

My dad would tape his chuck keys to the tools cord by the plug. It also made it so you could not turn it on when the key was in the chuck.

A friend of mine used to call that "pack rat syndrome." It turns out that pack rats aren't really into commerce ... they just can't carry more than one object at a time. Thus they appear to be trading all the time. And I've got it bad, myself - both aspects of packratism!

Oh, sing me a song about that one!

PS - Back on the subject of chuck keys ... here's my solution. Either a broom clip as shown on the drill press (yes, that's a keyless chuck, but I also have a keyed one), or a U of aluminum with a magnet embedded in the center, as shown on my mini-mill.

View attachment 88320View attachment 88321

On my DPs, I have a donut magnet on the side of the body to keep the chuck key on. I never really liked attaching the key to a string or flex tubing.
BTW, I really dig the golf ball DP handles.

Happy Trails

Whatever you do... DON'T PUT THE CHUCK KEY IN A "SAFE" PLACE. Somewhere in my house is a "safe" place where all my best stuff resides. I just hope I find that place again someday before I die. :nuts:

GG

You guys crack me up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK I discovered the first place you should look when searching for a lost tool! After work today I decided to add some tramming aids to my PM25-MV. Well I used a transfer punch to locate a hole I needed to drill on the mill head to mount my tramming aid. I walked around to the other side of the mill to locate a hole on that side when I discovered I had lost my transfer punch. I looked on the mill, my workbench, the floor... and could not find it. I decided to sit down and think about where I could have put the punch. I reached for my cigar, but could not pick it up until I put down what was in my hand... the transfer punch! So the first place to look is in your hand!

OK I discovered the first place you should look when searching for a lost tool! After work today I decided to add some tramming aids to my PM25-MV. Well I used a transfer punch to locate a hole I needed to drill on the mill head to mount my tramming aid. I walked around to the other side of the mill to locate a hole on that side when I discovered I had lost my transfer punch. I looked on the mill, my workbench, the floor... and could not find it. I decided to sit down and think about where I could have put the punch. I reached for my cigar, but could not pick it up until I put down what was in my hand... the transfer punch! So the first place to look is in your hand!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I can spent what seems like a hour looking for something and then my wife in two seconds picks it up and says;" is this what you are looking for, dear?

Finally had a few minutes while the camera had charge and was in the shop when I was.

That key ain't goin' nowhere very far. Keeps it nice and close for when I need it.

DSC_0139.JPG

DSC_0139.JPG

I can spent what seems like a hour looking for something and then my wife in two seconds picks it up and says;" is this what you are looking for, dear?

I learned a looooong time ago if I cannot find it in 30 minutes to call my wife, she'll know right where it went, was left or rolled to with in 5 minutes.

Back