THAT'S IT!!!! Janitor Accesories for all!!!!

ogberi

Active User
Registered
I'm over it. I'm done with it. I'm going to start carrying a meat tenderizer hammer in a hip holster.

I've had it up to *here* with the damn tool gremlins, and the first time I see one I'm going to go rabid badger on it. I won't stop till there's nothing left but soup, and then I'll set fire to that.

I was *JUST USING* my dang drill chuck key on the Taig lathe. Seriously. I faced off my stock, fitted the tailstock, center drilled a hole, and went to swap out the center drill for a drill bit. The chuck key was *NOT* where I put it, about 10 seconds earlier.

So I figured, "Maybe it fell down." Scrounged around on the lathe stand, on the floor, on the totes next to it, in the drawers (a dozen times!), in my pockets, you name it.

That darn chuck key is *GONE!*

I isn't *anywhere* around the lathe, or it's base. Not in the drawers, not on the shelves, not in my pockets, I even drug the lathe stand out away from the wall and looked behind it, nothing. Nada. Nein. No.

This is the *THIRD* chuck key I've had disappear, *WHILE I WAS RUNNING THE LATHE RIGHT AFTER USING IT*, and I'm completely pi$$ed about it.

So, I'm going to go to Ace Hardware, and buy a half dozen of those retractable keyring things like the janitors put on their keys. And a new chuck key. And I'm going to figure a way to attach it to the retractable keyring like it's a structural element of the Golden Gate Bridge. I want that thing to put the operator in danger of loosing an eye if you just drop the chuck key. I'll drill a through-hole in the chuck key handle and thread on a keyring if I have to!

And if I *EVER* see that dang tool gremlin, I'm gonna snatch that hammer out of the belt holster so fast the leather bursts into flames as the handle clears it, and pound that smug little tool-moving jerk into a quivering lump of jelly in a fashion that violates the Geneva Convention, and all bounds of human decency. Then I'll scrape up what's left and throw it in my foundry furnace, and unleash 250,000 BTU's of propane hellfire on it, until all that's left is ash. Then I'll grind the ash up and scatter it across all 5 of my acres of property.

*pant pant pant*

Okay, that's the end of my rant. Off to buy a chuck key, retractable keyrings, and a hip holster for my meat tenderizer. Heck, I might just epoxy half a cinderblock to a handle and use that. A 3 lb short sledge is waaay underkill for this.

Gah!!!!

You probably just have a chuck key shaped blind spot. I am amazed how many times my wife has had to point out that what I am looking for is literally right there in front of my face. But then she has the same problem at times.

I have the same problem , but I KNOW MY mind is gone. :rofl:

Mark

I'm over it. I'm done with it. I'm going to start carrying a meat tenderizer hammer in a hip holster.

I've had it up to *here* with the damn tool gremlins, and the first time I see one I'm going to go rabid badger on it. I won't stop till there's nothing left but soup, and then I'll set fire to that.

I was *JUST USING* my dang drill chuck key on the Taig lathe. Seriously. I faced off my stock, fitted the tailstock, center drilled a hole, and went to swap out the center drill for a drill bit. The chuck key was *NOT* where I put it, about 10 seconds earlier.

So I figured, "Maybe it fell down." Scrounged around on the lathe stand, on the floor, on the totes next to it, in the drawers (a dozen times!), in my pockets, you name it.

That darn chuck key is *GONE!*

I isn't *anywhere* around the lathe, or it's base. Not in the drawers, not on the shelves, not in my pockets, I even drug the lathe stand out away from the wall and looked behind it, nothing. Nada. Nein. No.

This is the *THIRD* chuck key I've had disappear, *WHILE I WAS RUNNING THE LATHE RIGHT AFTER USING IT*, and I'm completely pi$$ed about it.

So, I'm going to go to Ace Hardware, and buy a half dozen of those retractable keyring things like the janitors put on their keys. And a new chuck key. And I'm going to figure a way to attach it to the retractable keyring like it's a structural element of the Golden Gate Bridge. I want that thing to put the operator in danger of loosing an eye if you just drop the chuck key. I'll drill a through-hole in the chuck key handle and thread on a keyring if I have to!

And if I *EVER* see that dang tool gremlin, I'm gonna snatch that hammer out of the belt holster so fast the leather bursts into flames as the handle clears it, and pound that smug little tool-moving jerk into a quivering lump of jelly in a fashion that violates the Geneva Convention, and all bounds of human decency. Then I'll scrape up what's left and throw it in my foundry furnace, and unleash 250,000 BTU's of propane hellfire on it, until all that's left is ash. Then I'll grind the ash up and scatter it across all 5 of my acres of property.

*pant pant pant*

Okay, that's the end of my rant. Off to buy a chuck key, retractable keyrings, and a hip holster for my meat tenderizer. Heck, I might just epoxy half a cinderblock to a handle and use that. A 3 lb short sledge is waaay underkill for this.

Gah!!!!

Five bucks says you find it right out in plain sight as soon as you get back from the hardware store!

I know the feeling though! Been there done that.

Similar story: Working on my pickup, car, whatever, doesn't matter. I used the 9/16" wrench while working on it, but now cannot find it anywhere. Went nuts and turned into a raving lunatic because it's GONE! Next thing I know my youngest son starts chuckling.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK IS SO DAMN FUNNY?"

"Check your back pocket."

"Rass a frass a frip wrackin' ritz a cot blasted smart alec!"

Don't buy one of those retractors. It is a waste of money. It will always be on your other pants. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billt G"

I tore the house/garage apart last week looking for my caliper...it was in my truck (face palm)

Welcome to my world...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I lost a key a month ago. Found it on the same bench last week that I searched 100 times

I've heard about Taigs enjoying chuck keys, but they usually like them with BBQ sauce, not plain.

I have the same problem. Even if I don't move, the chuck key just disappears. Then I walk away and it is back. I think it's the same thing like socks in the dryer. It must have something to do with the rotating parts creating a time travel vortex or something.:lmao:

A few years ago I was repairing a computer keyboard. This was back in the day when they actually had screws in them. I was doing this at my desk, I set the screws right in front of me, did the repair, and went to put it back together. The screws were gone! I had never moved. My neighbor happened to be there and he confirmed that there were no screws on the desk. We went downstairs to get a cup of coffee, when we got back, the screws were laying right on the desk where I left them. It's magic I tell ya.:nervous:

Back