Precision Level Build

I just ordered some 3/8” schedule 40 brass pipe from McMaster. Hopefully I will receive it tomorrow so I can get cracking on finishing it on Monday.
8b0a6e64c43345406841d0f6a2da991b.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.

Consider adding a small level at right angles to the main vial to your design. Precision levels include this because a slight tilt of the level base can affect the main vial centering. The cross vial sensitivity can be much less than that of the main vial. One scavenged from a hardware store well most likely work.

Consider adding a small level at right angles to the main vial to your design. Precision levels include this because a slight tilt of the level base can affect the main vial centering. The cross vial sensitivity can be much less than that of the main vial. One scavenged from a hardware store well most likely work.

Thanks! I will do that.

Cutting oil is my blood.

I know it says Monday. As I live less than 12 miles from the McMaster shipping center. Often times it comes the next day. That is why I stated “I hope” in my post.

Cutting oil is my blood.

I know it says Monday. As I live less than 12 miles from the McMaster shipping center. Often times it comes the next day. That is why I stated “I hope” in my post.
Don't they have self-serve locker pickups at their centers?

Received the Brass on Saturday. So this morning I got the tubes reamed and turned for an easy slip fit. Next up is the end plugs. Then I can finish the tubes to length.
d9c8c5ea363862fe52008f2f8065e654.jpg

b68775fd8ddc2f6b0ae34502d2dc8ca4.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.

Back