Precision Level Build

That is 5 thousands per foot. Did I mess up my engraving?
No, that’s correct. Just thinking when I leveled the Takisawa I used a 0.0005”/ft level, and helped a friend do the same with a 0.0002”/10” level…that was almost too sensitive.

No, that’s correct. Just thinking when I leveled the Takisawa I used a 0.0005”/ft level, and helped a friend do the same with a 0.0002”/10” level…that was almost too sensitive.
Yeah, those are available, and are a bit of overkill IMO for a home-shop. I tried for a while and spent my day life tail-chasing just to get it calibrated. Simply breathing near it messed it up.

Wow that is. I do have a level that will do that. I really have no need for that with my shop equipment. This one will do what I need for sure.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Almost too sensitive?? I'd commit Chinese seppuku if I had to level anything with that kind of sensitivity!

3ade96e3015c798197fbbad8cc268f4d.jpg
What an outstanding project. Well done, beautiful and practical. What is not to like!

What an outstanding project. Well done, beautiful and practical. What is not to like!

I am very pleased with this project. I even got to try my hand at some simple wood working. Very practical tool.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Back