Precision Level Build

If you're planning on marking the glass tube, what are you going to use?
Assuming you are referring to my post, the glass is already marked with a division every .16" If it wasn't marked, I would probably use a clear plastic overlay above the tube. I purchased 5ml pipettes for this but in retrospect, a 10ml pipette would probably be a better choice as the settling time will be less for the larger diameter tubing. A 10ml serological pipette would have marks every .1ml which would be comparable to the Starrett 199 markings. Here is an example. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2720396208...+yWyFs9QhSaZIAUWIwqnCSNzz6|tkp:Bk9SR6aryrOiYQ

Assuming you are referring to my post, the glass is already marked with a division every .16" If it wasn't marked, I would probably use a clear plastic overlay above the tube.
I wasn't, but your information is what I was looking for. I was thinking that if you scored (scratched) the tube, it might shatter under the strain of bending. Your pipette solution already has the marking in place.

I'm assuming that these markings are baked on enamel? Or are the marks fired on glass?

I wasn't, but your information is what I was looking for. I was thinking that if you scored (scratched) the tube, it might shatter under the strain of bending. Your pipette solution already has the marking in place.

I'm assuming that these markings are baked on enamel? Or are the marks fired on glass?
On my pipette, they were fired on the glass. At least, they were intact in spite of melting the glass 1/4" away

I bought this vile.

Cutting oil is my blood.

I would have thought that you would want a more sensitive level.

That is .005in./foot. Plenty good for what I do.

Cutting oil is my blood.

If I do need more precision, I have this Tesa level. .001in./foot
4af7dca269c526feadb0ede68febae4c.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.

I have an old Stanley precision level. It is good to .012 per foot.
Stanley's idea of "precision" is kind of funny. I've got a Polish made I bought years ago when I was setting up CNC machines. Bubble is a bit slow to settle. It has plastic finger grip points so you hand heat won't affect it. The bottom has a Vee for setting over rounds. Nice and accurate but can drive you crazy with how sensitive the bubble is.

Stanley's idea of "precision" is kind of funny. I've got a Polish made I bought years ago when I was setting up CNC machines. Bubble is a bit slow to settle. It has plastic finger grip points so you hand heat won't affect it. The bottom has a Vee for setting over rounds. Nice and accurate but can drive you crazy with how sensitive the bubble is.

I got mine for $30 so it was a no brained to pick up.
6dd3314bc7fcfa6a973873f490f36037.jpg

e3af2e320af5841ec0b3c14dcc7e70c0.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.

Back