Power Hacksaw Rebuild

crikey, that is one hell of a rebuild, well done! It's nearly impossible to believe that it started out as what looked like a rusted out piece of scrap.

Paul, that's flippin amazing.
You must have been grinning a little bit when we saw the pics when you bought it and showed concern ! Hah

Bernie

Bernie, no I can't say that I was or am grinning at all. I knew I would try to make the needed repairs. I may smile a little once the saw is up and running. My father-in-law always said to me where there is a will there is a way. Well I have the will I hope that I continue to find the way.

Oh, I did do a little on the vice today. I need to download and resize them before I can post. I'll see if I can do it a little later.

This is all I got done today. It is the main sled that will hold the jaw. The vertical is mortised in I expect that these parts will also be welded. Two more pieces to make for this section of the vice, then on to the jaw and pivot.

Paul

000_0562 copy.jpg 000_0564 copy.jpg

You couldn't be more wrong on the no intrest. As the owner of a excell PBS and a big peerless ,I have been closely been. Following your rebuild. Gonna have to do some adjustment on my peerless- down feed not working quite rite.

Btw. I can end u some pics of the vise on your saw.

Still don't know how to post pics. Homely toag can straighten. Me out.

Love the rebuilds. Ron kincaid

Scruffy

Ron, thanks for the post. No pictures today. I did get the base milled out, but that's about all. Maybe tomorrow I'll get something done worth posting.

Paul

I finally got a few more things done on the saw. Today's pictures are of the movable section of the vice. It's time consuming because I have to do a trial and error on each piece.

Paul

000_0570 copy.jpg 000_0573 copy.jpg 000_0576 copy.jpg 000_0579 copy.jpg 000_0572 copy.jpg

Very nice work Paul, that would look sweet with cast iron legs huh????
sam

Back